Posting of FAA HR names and phone numbers

AFTOFAAATC

I've been seeing it a lot lately. Hell, I even quoted someone's post then condemned them for doing it! Needless to say I felt like an idiot but I corrected my oops. We need to respect the privacy of the HR folks. I'm sure they would be angry to know that their names and numbers are being posted all over a public forum. Not only that, but it also poses a slight security risk. I am not a moderator, but I think whoever has posted a name and/or number on here should remove it. Not trying to step on anybodies toes, but I think I just may.

I've been seeing it a lot lately. Hell, I even quoted someone's post then condemned them for doing it! Needless to say I felt like an idiot but I corrected my oops. We need to respect the privacy of the HR folks. I'm sure they would be angry to know that their names and numbers are being posted all over a public forum. Not only that, but it also poses a slight security risk. I am not a moderator, but I think whoever has posted a name and/or number on here should remove it. Not trying to step on anybodies toes, but I think I just may.

It is public information that ANYONE can get.

Ok so these individuals are going to be inundated with information from everybody that has no business calling them. I'm sure you could find it on an FAA website, but that doesn't mean to post all over this forum. I'm sure they are busy as hell as incompetent as some may think they are. That's all I'm saying. So I withdrawal the security risk thing. What a pompous thing to say.

It is public information that ANYONE can get.
I would be furious if I were to become a controller and I helped out a commercial pilot someday with a question and he then goes and post my work number on a forum so any joe blow can call for any reason, question, or just to complain about the NAS. Yes I am sure they would be able to do some research and find it for themselves, but that doesn't make it ok. I hope you would agree with me on that one. Plus I still believe that personal emails and phone numbers fall under FOUO information.

After the PEPC were are all given ONE single point of contact to coordinate questions and issues with for a reason. I have seen people on this forum asking for and calling any HR rep that they can find just to get an update on their current status during a hurry-up and wait process involing thousands of applicants looking for the same information.

I would be furious if I were to become a controller and I helped out a commercial pilot someday with a question and he then goes and post my work number on a forum so any joe blow can call for any reason, question, or just to complain about the NAS. Yes I am sure they would be able to do some research and find it for themselves, but that doesn't make it ok. I hope you would agree with me on that one. Plus I still believe that personal emails and phone numbers fall under FOUO information.

After the PEPC were are all given ONE single point of contact to coordinate questions and issues with for a reason. I have seen people on this forum asking for and calling any HR rep that they can find just to get an update on their current status during a hurry-up and wait process involing thousands of applicants looking for the same information.

I don't think that analogy works as, you know, it's not your JOB to answer peoples' questions.

I don't think that analogy works as, you know, it's not your JOB to answer peoples' questions.
The problem is, it isn't their (HR people) jobs yet either. They are processing the paperwork as they get it. Once they get it, you get the information and phone numbers you wanted, then it is their job. Until that point, their job isn't to answer your questions because you haven't been processed to that point. If everyone would be just a little more patient the process might go a little faster (and piss off a lot less of the HR people).

Trust me, I know...there are times you want to call after waiting 8 months with no information and no contact regarding taking the AT-SAT. Yep, waited 8 months with nothing to go on. Went on with life and suddenly one day we were contact out of the blue, completely caught off guard. The fact is it is a WAITING process that if you aren't willing to be patient and wait, then maybe you should look for something else. Any govt. job requires waiting, FAA is backlogged so it might be a bit longer. Also, anyone that applied Feb on is having a LOT more information and a lot less wait time than the people from last summer, be grateful!

If you get a hold of a number that you can eventually use to make you wait LESS, why not.

It's not like any of these numbers are home numbers or cell phone numbers. They're getting paid for every minute they spend on the phone with you.

If you get a hold of a number that you can eventually use to make you wait LESS, why not.

It's not like any of these numbers are home numbers or cell phone numbers. They're getting paid for every minute they spend on the phone with you.

It slows down the process. I chase paperwork most of the time with my job in the FAA, and phone calls are the biggest thing that slows down the works.

I wouldn't say "don't" call, but you should keep in mind that every call slows the process further.

And you're very mistaken if you think we have someone around who does nothing but fields calls. Picking up the phone is the responsibility of the office; it's not a specific assignment.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't be rude. Ever. Even if they deserve it. There are HR people out there who will just shred your paperwork if you're really over-the-top rude.

Try asking Mrs. Owens if it is her JOB to sit there all day and answer emails and phone calls from impatient applicants asking about their personal status among thousands of others.

All I can say is to put yourself in her shoes and ask the same question.

Also - technically, HR doesn't have to do ANYTHING for you until you are hired. You are in the hiring PROCESS. If you are too much of a pain, they can and will take you out of the running, like FS1 said!

I think of it as being counterproductive by calling. The HR people could be processing paperwork for PEPC etc but instead they are answering questions from impatient people.

For example there is no reason for PUBNAT 4 or 5 applicants to be calling asking when their AT-SAT is scheduled for since PUBNAT 3 has not be scheduled to take the test yet.

Try asking Mrs. Owens if it is her JOB to sit there all day and answer emails and phone calls from impatient applicants asking about their personal status among thousands of others.

All I can say is to put yourself in her shoes and ask the same question.

I honestly don't care. I've been dealing with these people for 2 years now (started with the early hire through CTI... which never materialized). If you don't stay on them EVERY STEP of the way, they WILL #### up and they WILL lose something. Every single classmate I know (myself included) has had a problem with OKC losing something, entering something incorrectly, ad finitum. The people I've seen get screwed the worst are those who never call and verify that _______ was received and completed. I've seen people wait months assuming everything went OK only to find out that OKC somehow screwed them over.

I honestly don't care. I've been dealing with these people for 2 years now (started with the early hire through CTI... which never materialized). If you don't stay on them EVERY STEP of the way, they WILL #### up and they WILL lose something. Every single classmate I know (myself included) has had a problem with OKC losing something, entering something incorrectly, ad finitum. The people I've seen get screwed the worst are those who never call and verify that _______ was received and completed. I've seen people wait months assuming everything went OK only to find out that OKC somehow screwed them over.

I can understand where you are coming from and I don't doubt that they have lost stuff before, it is going to happen in a process with this many applicants (doesn't mean it is acceptable). I just don't understand all of the post's where people say they are calling just to find out when the next step is going to happen, where their FOL is, etc.

Contacting them to solve problems or to confirm that they received something is perfectly legit, it is just the other calls that are unnecessary and counter-productive. Luckily I have the ability to scan each of the documents they have requested and send them via email which includes a request to reply back with a confirmation that they were received.

From working for the government I would highly recommend accomplishing all of your correspondence via email anyway since it is easier on them to answer at their convenience and you get a paper trail and records.

Ok, to elaborate, if you have a point of contact while in the hiring process, use it. You do have to keep on HR to get things moving. I just don't think that they want people who aren't even hired or have not applied to call them of the hook when they got the number off of this forum. That's all.

I just don't understand all of the post's where people say they are calling just to find out when the next step is going to happen, where their FOL is, etc.

Sure, why shouldn't someone call to find out when they will starting their job? When they should reserve their apartment in OKC? When they should give their current employer notice? When they should begin looking for houses near their new facility?

It IS the job of the people at HR that handle the new hiring process and they should know this information, or at least know where to get it.

I know many people that can not get in contact with their "assigned" FAA HR contact. Their only option is to call as many people in that office to get any answers.

I doubt they get "thousands" of calls, considering they answer on the second ring, and always take their time to talk with you.

They get paid enough to do it, and if they don't wish to play Mr./Mrs. Customer Service, then they should implement a better system (considering it is 2008) of communications between their departments during the process, so we wouldn't need to call to begin with. One person says one thing, one person says another, and nobody ever knows what's going on except the Head Honchos - of course they're going to get calls.

Back