Post deleted by Doug Taylor

Re: Doesn\'t look good for PAN AM Academy!

Are they just cutting cost by reducing administrative payroll, or are they letting instructors go as well?

Usually instructors are only payed for time they bill students so the incentive to lay them off is small. (No students for you to teach just equalls no paycheck)

I haven't heard of any instructors getting laid off here in Phoenix. Here, they got rid of 14 last I heard. I've got plenty of students. So far it looks like a cost cutting measure, which is understandable in these tough times.

They didnt let instructors go, they gave them an option. For the few instructors that are salary, were informed that they could not get salary any longer. They have the choice to stay and work per hour, or leave. Some chose to leave, some chose to stay and feel it out.

Wow Pan Am too! I just found out that ATA closed its doors. (Word Doesn't spread too quickly when you're out here in Hawaii!) I got friends at both ATA and PanAm what the heck is going on in the mainland? That sucks!

Well if you're loan money is in Pan Am's account and Pan Am goes down, you'll be out 60000 dollars just like the students at ATA. Scary, very scary.

No student should ever let the school have that much money. Giving them 10k to 15k at a time is one thing, especially if you are flying in a twin. But 60k, no way. If a school offers you a discount if you pay in full, run the other way. It is reasonable to give discounts if you have a certain amount in your account, but this should be a few thousand at most.

Everybody settle down....it's just cost cutting. Every company is taking part in it to some extent. FSI even closed on Sundays to save a little cash. It doesn't mean they are going under.

If you can't handle this, get out of aviation NOW.....or for that matter any corporation!

Back