Post deleted by Doug Taylor

Re: \"Of the 190 Hours at ATP, 50 is SIM Time!\"

Hey Cmartin,
Have you visited Ari Ben? what did you think of the campus?

-Brian

I beleive alot of that 200 hours is second in command time. I could be wrong though. If thats true, its worthless.

pure IMC, are you talking about ATP or aviator?

-Brian

[ QUOTE ]
I beleive alot of that 200 hours is second in command time. I could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead Wrong!

If you noticed my reply, I said I could be wrong though. Easy guys...

I visited Ari-Ben. It's a very humble abode to say the least. It's a little brown building with lots of people in it. It's very small and shabby but functional. The planes are a little dated as well.

I know. You can't expect high quality and sate of the art for the price they offer.

The planes are a little dated as well

who really cares how old the planes are?
my instructor still owns the first cessna she ever bought some 30 some years ago. and for some reason i seem to believe her when she says she would rather fly a 30 year old plane that has regular mx than a newer plane that hasn't had the bugs worked out of.
just my .02

future pilot out-

It's not a knock against the school. It's the only way Ari-Ben can be as affordable as it is. It has to use older equipment and small buildings to keep the overhead down. God bless Ari-ben for offering flight training at a reasonable price. As I said before, Ari-ben is my backup. Don't be so defensive people. jeez. So the planes are old. They are old and clunky. Big deal. That's what they are. As long as they fly, that's all that matters.

Uhh, Christian-

You certainly can log SIC in a Dutchess.

You must be a multi-rated private pilot assuming the duties of SIC in a properly [properly, not SOA] equipped machine, when operating under the regs that require two pilots on board.

When you're a safety pilot that has not also assumed the responsibility of PIC, you're... SIC.

Of course, you will learn all about this sooner or later.

Went to Pan Scam, wish I went to Aviator. Heard from MANY that Currently attend, that it is worth every penny. Just an observation.

Dude, all you had to do is walk across the airfield.

you cant log SIC if the plane is certificated for single pilot ops. If you are safety pilot, you log PIC, if you are properly rated.

Back