Post deleted by Doug Taylor

Re: Has anyone seen the \"new\" MOAB Bomb?

That'll get Sodamn Insane thinking twice about caving to US demands that he account for his weapons.

Well... considering that he has France/Russia/China pulling for him, maybe not.

What's the point of a bomb that size? That's simply an example of working harder, not smarter. Not to mention the excessive risk that you're gonna expose the Herk crew to--those things can't exactly notch, beam or jink if ya know what I mean.

If you really need a blast of that size, it's time for a tactical nuke.

EDIT: having just read the CNN story, it now makes sense: "...military officials tell CNN that the MOAB is mainly conceived as a weapon employed for "psychological operations."

Aloft,

Actually C-130s can notch (same as beam) and jink. You definitely don't want to say that to Gunship, MC and EC bubbas that flew in OEF.

There are many reasons to use a 21k bomb. Mine clearing, shock to the gomers, and cave destruction just to name a few.

SR

A tactical nuke also comes with a lot of fallout.

Both radioactive and political........

The way they talk about it spraying flammable mist over everything and then exploding makes me think it's probably good for burning up chemical and biological weapons.

.... and people, and buildings, and trucks, and tanks, and airplanes, and trees, and dirt, and grass, and.....

The thing is a beast!!

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is a beast!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No •!! I surprised you didn't feel the aftershock in Tampa.

I know it was demonstrated in Florida (or off the coast?), but where? Can someone forward a link?

Shockwave, you say? HA! That thing doesn't scare me. It's not b.......ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

grin.gif

Yea please send a link. It was somewhere in south Florida. Saw the cloud on the news last night. WOW!!!! Can't find a link to it though.

[ QUOTE ]

A tactical nuke also comes with a lot of fallout.

Both radioactive and political........

[/ QUOTE ]

Aviator, I couldn't have said it better myself. Although it seems like that may change in the future as nuclear nonproliferation disappears like dust in the wind.

Eglin's over by Pensacola on the panhandle. This is a big brother to the Daisy Cutter FAE (Fuel Air Explosive) developed in Vietnam to clear foliage for helo LZ's...not to kill people. In Afghanistan, they were used in Tora Bora to kill those in cave complexes. Ya see, it instantly consumes all oxygen over the affected area. The concussion actually causes the most casualties.

I think this is a psychological weapon and also a quick way to burn up chem/bio weps.

Chunk

Back