Post deleted by Doug Taylor

Re: Screwed by Airline Training Academy

has anybody been able to find a phone number or addresse for any of the family members

[ QUOTE ]
has anybody been able to find a phone number or addresse for any of the family members

[/ QUOTE ]

try www.anywho.com it's free

also www.555-1212.com they may charge now.

anyone know if there was a holding company that actually owned ATA?

For any of those ATA students that have families with children under one or are expecting, who may need assistance with formula, babyfood, diapers,and other baby needs please contact my wife at cosmicgirl47@yahoo.com. She has information on how to receive free formula and other necessities. She will be happy to help you. In the subject line put ATA assistance. We are getting ready to make a big move to go to Comair, so we know what a huge task it is to plan a move and to pack up your families and take on such a big unknown. Good luck and hopefully justice will prevail.

To all of the students who were screwed by ATA... I am sorry to hear what has happened to you. It seems that alot of you have been smart enough to act quickly and have done a great job posting info on this post. Are alot of ATA students familiar with Jet Careers? If not, then maybe you could get the word out there so they can have a place to go for updated information and to share info etc.

Doug, have you thought about posting information on your homepage on this matter or sending a generic email out to everyone who is affiliated with Jet Careers to help these guy's out?

Where is Discover Air located and are they still in business? Are the Williams the sole owners of Discover? If so, I think someone should organize a fly-in to rally support for these guy's. Get a couple thousand people in front of Discover and invite the media. Do they own any other businesses?

I do feel for you guy's. I came to Flight Safety about as broke as broke can get with my wife and 3 month old little girl. I borrowed as much as I could to get through the training. I am not sure what I would do in this situation. I guess the only advice I can give is to get as many of the students to stick together, stay in touch, and stay as organized in your fight as you can. Good luck! ILS
mad.gif

I hope the Williams Family does some time for this. They probably think they had their ass covered when they were screwing the last few students out of their money before they shut their doors. I will bet that they broke a law somewhere that could put the whole family away. WE HOPE...

I too feel for all of you who have been wronged by ATA. May you all win in court to get your money back. One thing you definitely should look into is the connection between Discover Air and student tuition. I known when I went there it was clear that they were using students' tuition to fund their airline. If you can get into court, hopefully you can force them to open their books and prove that they were misusing student tuition. Also, I am wondering, is Discover Air still operating?
Best of luck to you all.

I truly feel very sorry for all the students and everyone else screwed by ATA. But I have a question?

I don't know a whole lot about a business going under or filing for bankruptcy, but if there isn't any money, how can students get their money back? I suppose planes will be sold and everything else liquidated. With the money left after that, creditors will probably get dibs first. Then the students will get a fraction of what they are owed after the lawyers take their share too.

I wish that everyone would get their money back in full, but that is how corporations are formed, with other people's money. If they go under, all the people who invested in the company are out money. Essentially, the students were investers in the eyes of the company's owners. If a one flight school get you all your ratings at a third of the price, I am sure that they were using the money put upfront by the students for other means. I do feel bad for you guy and gals, stick in there and good luck.

I too was screwed by ATA. They owe me 23,000 dollars, and have owed that now for over 6 months. I was advised by my lawyer to wait for the formation of a class action law suit.
Anybody whith specific info on ANYTHING right now, please PM me.

Lets all get our money back, plus damages.

Discover Air is still in business. I just called their 1-888 # and they are taking reservations. Web site here

[ QUOTE ]
Discover Airlines Webisite is now down also!

[/ QUOTE ]

So are these guys facing charges or were they just sternly slapped on the wrist and enjoying the vacation home in West Palm?

I heard Mitch Mitchelson, one of the guys involved with ATA and discover airlines is now backing Tab Express Airlines. Not sure how much truth there is to this hence not posting it directly on Tabs thread.

Mitch left ATA about a year before it closed. I was at ATA when he left. I think he saw the writing on the wall plus TAB gave him a chance to promote his sim and a little more say in the training program. The William twins didnt want anyone messing with there deal.

Wow, I feel for you all. I would definetely be upset. Guys, The only thing I can say other than these guys are wrong in what they did and should pay for it is, WHERE ARE THEY!!!!!! If we can't find them, how are we going to sue them?

The courts will find them.. They ( the Williams) still have home addresses and other records on file.

Actually the vacation home was located on Marko Island, near Naples. They have a daughter and Son-n-law living there.

So I guess that is where Bill and Wendy are living. Not bad area for since business went under

Is there anyone settling with key bank out of court??? im still waiting on a phone call from a manager from KEY, she said that 50 people were settling, but no news on redtrainer or here...any info will help...

Back