Poll: Longest flight in a light single or twin.

Well, I guess I should have said "school".
smile.gif

WOW so that is about 19 years then!! Geez that plane must have had HUGE tanks!!

Unless Doug means a day!!

Ooook, a day! I left at 7:40am, came back at 3:30pm and it had mad the ultra long haul flight from Meigs to freezing over OKK.

Sheesh, thank god I'm not a lawyer!

Whern I lived in England, school would start at 8:15 and would finish at 7:00!! Think how far I could have flown in my school day!

Did a 0.3 one time to get checked out in a Warrior...rental school made me do it although I had 200+ hrs in a Warrior...then they didnt believe me when I went to pay!

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it's a good thing you don't have a career where details are important!

...wait

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be suprised that we use the "TLAR" principle way more than you'd believe!

(TLAR = "That looks about right")

Hmmmm. Don't think the MD 90 counts in this poll. (Unless you flew one from Dallas to Fiji.) It is not wimpy enough.

Before I became a pilot I flew MS flight sim 737 from Salt Lake to SAN Fran. It got very boring. I fell asleep and woke up with the plane somewhere over the Pacific. Never did have the patience for long MS flight sim sessions.

I know a couple of pilots that flew a 310 from Salt Lake to Alaska. I think they ended up with about 18 hours one way. Including almost 4 hours over water. (They wanted to avoid landing in Canada because they had no radio operators permit.) Personally I think I would go commercial.

That's pretty close to the real thing!

Heck, I found myself nodding off on DFW to AUS flights sometime.

I don't personally have any real interesting long distance flights, but this thread got me thinking about the "Voyager" back in 1986 that flew non-stop unrefueled around the world. Dick Rutan & Jeana Yeager took off from Edwards Air Force Base, flew around the world for NINE DAYS & returned to land at Edwards. For this they earned aviations highest honor, the Collier Trophy.

My question is...since they took off & landed at the same airport, could they log it as cross-country time?

'canfly

Note: Info for this post was researched from the National Air & Space Museum.

[ QUOTE ]
My question is...since they took off & landed at the same airport, could they log it as cross-country time?

[/ QUOTE ]

By the letter of the CFRs (FARs) no they couldn't.

But I don't think anyone would really give them a hard time if they logged it as a XC anyway.
wink.gif

Back