POLL for pilots who are CFI,MEI & CFIIs

Is it just open to *current* CFI-I/MEI's? Mine, unfortunately, lapsed.

No.

Never.

Once again, the real answer should be "No, not yet. Odds are stacked against us as pilots considering the number of training events we will undertake in our careers.

No.

Never.

Once again, the real answer should be "No, not yet. Odds are stacked against us as pilots considering the number of training events we will undertake in our careers.

Agreed. Some of my students who busted were some of my best. It's not about many busts you've had but about how much training you've absorbed and what pilot you've become because of it.
Only we know what it's like to have a difficult (more thorough) Designated Examiner or a super easy one. Only we know that some of us had to go through 7 or 8 checkrides just to get the airline job while others only had to go through 4 or 5 easy ones. Also, only you know the details of your failed check ride and if it was justified or not. Most us of course will say no it wasn't.:) So the point of these polls aren't to see how many pilots suck, although the public will see it that way, but to simply satisfy our curiosity for statistics.
I for one never had the misfortune to bust a check ride or a PC but I probably should/could have many times under different circumstances or different examiners.

busted my commercial single add-on on the power off 180. Landed long. :-( I passed all of the others though. It just seems like like was the easiest checkride I took, with the poorest result. I did retest an hour later with a lap around the pattern though. At least I got my bust out of the way and I have moved on. I promise my commercial students know how to do them right...

I busted my Commercial S.E. I was doing a steep spiral and had to roll the wings to around 25-30 degrees to get back on my point and the guy stopped the ride right then and there. Said you can't go below 45 degrees of bank during the maneuver (wha?). Dude was pulling so much nonsense out his back side we got into a little disagreement on the way back to the airport.
Needless to say, I'm still bitter.
Everything else has been a pass. Recurrent is easy.

Yep....CFI Intial Oral...Forgot to explain how dihedral angle affects controlability of an aircraft during a steep turns lesson plan. Since the examiner had to prompt me to it I failed...but it said so right in the PTS. Of course this is after 4 hrs of being completely fine...:chair:

Only one I busted was my initial CFI in the Seminole. Finished the whole frigen ride and on the last maneuver I busted on Steep Turns. Winds were gusting pretty nasty on that hot Vegas day and I couldn't hold my altitude, the FAA inspector said that he was kinda surprised that I decided to do the flight portion that day considering the weather. Next day he came back I banged it out and haven't looked back since...

Nope, never busted a checkride. 8-0 so far. The dpe I had for my private had a reputation for being exceptionally tough.

CFI initial...which was the one everyone told me I'd fail. I think the local FSDO has like a 90% fail rate for first time applicants.

Nope, I haven't busted a checkride yet. I guess that means the first time will be for a job, thats just wonderful.

I think specifying on the poll if it was with a DPE, or an inspector that's out to meet his quota, would be interesting as well.

Back