Plotter in sky high bag

jtrain609

Antisocial Monster
Heya everyone,

This is for everyone that uses the Sky High Discovery flight bag; where in the heck are ya'll putting your plotter? Mine is too long to fit just about anywhere. I've thought about throwing it under the bag with my kneeboard but I think it'll bend if I do that. Right now I've kinda got it ghettoed into the main comparment with it sliting between where the divider hooks in, but I figure there's gotta be a better place for this thing.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Plotter?

Is that that plastic ruler?

in the event (it almost never happens) I need to draw a line I use the edge of a hard cover book. I have even taken a small table in a hotel room (night stand) and turned it upside down, and used that.

[ QUOTE ]
I have even taken a small table in a hotel room (night stand) and turned it upside down, and used that.

[/ QUOTE ]

how many times did you circle the room looking for something until the table came to mind?
grin.gif

I agree. Plotters are a waste of space. I teach my students to use them during XC planning and then I teach them that everything you need is right on the chart already. All you need is a straight piece of something (I suppose a table would work
grin.gif
) and you can figure out headings, distances, and...if you're really good- wind correction and groundspeed (and therefore time)!

You're talking about one of them antiquated VFR ruler-thingys....IFR plotters fit just fine.
grin.gif

I created my own VFR version of the Jepp IFR plotter that I laserprinted onto acetate and keep in my kneeboard. Those folding Jepp plotters work well too, and ASA makes smaller plotters.

I threw my VFR plotter in my sky high bag and it snapped in half. Best thing that ever happened to that plotter, still usuable but 1/2 as long.

By the way great bag!

Well crap, don't I feel stupid now. I'll have to look into getting a smaller one. I almost never use the thing, but it's one of those things I feel naked without. My instructor drilled into me so well about using them that I can't stand to not have one now.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

I ordered a minature one from sporty's that fits in the the little plastic bag I put my E6B in.

Everyone always asks me if I need a microscope to read it, but it works great IMO. It's easy to whip out in the cockpit.

[ QUOTE ]
I threw my VFR plotter in my sky high bag and it snapped in half. Best thing that ever happened to that plotter, still usuable but 1/2 as long.

By the way great bag!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine broke at the 60 mile point, best thing that ever happened to it!! It fits everywhere. It is now much easier to use during flight!

You only got 60 miles out of your plotter? Ya do have to keep 'em properly inflated and rotate 'em every 6,000 miles if you wanna get the full 50,000 miles out of 'em.

cool.gif

Back