Please Help If You Can

HotoneJ

I am a Senior at Valdosta State University and I have an assignment where I need to interview an air traffic controller because it is what I would like to do when I graduate. I am an Office Administration and Technology major I would have gone the CTI route but it is not offered at my school. Please answer the following questions and leave your name and e-mail if you have any questions please contact me.

Thank you

Jamel McConico

jrmcconico@valdosta.edu

[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]When did you become interested in this field?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What do you see as an ideal preparation for entry?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What was your first job in this field?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Do reasonable opportunities for advancement exist?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Does the field have potential for growth? Discuss.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What tasks do you perform on a typical day?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What do you like best about your career?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What do you dislike?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What is your advice to someone who is considering entry into this field?[/FONT]

Sounds more like someone trying to gather opinions from potentials for either senate subcomittee or leverage for negoations.

No it's nothing like that at all. It is an assignment that I have for my Business Communication class. Sorry if I may have offended you.

If you really are interested in becoming an ATC, right now would be a GREAT time to apply for the position. Should take a year + to get hired, so don't plan for immediate future. Just make sure you have enough of the experience needed.

As for the questions, hopefully on of the rated ATC's will come in and see it and answer the questions for you! You might be able to use the search function and find the answers to some of the questions.

I submitted an application and the close date was 6/30/08 so I guess I'm waiting like everyone else, but it's cool.

Glad I'm not the only one who smelled something fishy here, what with the FAA reading our posts and such :)

Nah, questions are harmless. I'm just busting chops. Best of luck in your pursuit :)

Back