Plane Down in SBP

Seriously, it seems there will be a good few months of nothing, or at least none we hear of, then all of sudden, boom, 3 or 4 in a row. RIP

Don't know why it's a surprise, as like I said, this happens multiple times a day, nearly daily. The link below is a random month/year I pulled from the NTSB monthly list, July 1989 in this case. Note simply how many accidents/incidents per day there is, then note at the far right how many are fatal. And this is simply one month out of one year.

http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/AccList.aspx?month=7&year=1989

Don't know why it's a surprise, as like I said, this happens multiple times a day, nearly daily. The link below is a random month/year I pulled from the NTSB monthly list, July 1989 in this case. Note simply how many accidents/incidents per day there is, then note at the far right how many are fatal. And this is simply one month out of one year.

http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/AccList.aspx?month=7&year=1989

Wow, I had no idea there were that many fatalities on any given day. That was a bad month in 89.

Wow, I had no idea there were that many fatalities on any given day. That was a bad month in 89.

It's every day of nearly every year. Pick one. That's pretty standard. It just doesn't always make national news.

It's every day of nearly every year. Pick one. That's pretty standard. It just doesn't always make national news.

Not arguing with you, because the reports speak for themselves and show you're correct however I'd say it's very difficult to call this a "standard" month when this is included.

Probable Cause (10/08/1992) 10/08/1992 SIOUX CITY, IA MCDONNELL DOUGLAS DC-10-10 N1819U DCA89MA063 Fatal(111)
SCHD UNITED AIRLINES

Not arguing with you, because the reports speak for themselves and show you're correct however I'd say it's very difficult to call this a "standard" month when this is included.

Probable Cause (10/08/1992) 10/08/1992 SIOUX CITY, IA MCDONNELL DOUGLAS DC-10-10 N1819U DCA89MA063 Fatal(111)
SCHD UNITED AIRLINES

Im mainly referring to GA in terms of routine; but yes, spikes like that certainly make it worse for a particular time.

Back