Plane Crashed In Mt Charelston

Playing devils advocate here, but why would you fill the seats in a Cherokee and fly in the southern Nevada mountains in June? For those of you unfamiliar with Mt. Charleston it is a 12000 foot peak just north of Vegas. Two words come to mind, "density altitude".

Playing devils advocate here, but why would you fill the seats in a Cherokee and fly in the southern Nevada mountains in June? For those of you unfamiliar with Mt. Charleston it is a 12000 foot peak just north of Vegas. Two words come to mind, "density altitude".

My thoughts exactly...

I think when they get to the bottom of this one it will turn out that the pilot was doing something he shouldn't have been, like flying slow, low, and close to vertical terrain for sightseeing (or showboating)

R.I.P. though :(

"I've heard a lot of airplane engines," Hayden said. The pilot "was revving the heck out of that engine, trying to gain altitude, I think."

This witness is obviously a pilot himself. :banghead::sarcasm:

It was a flight from VGT to Northern California. That is a lot of people for a Cherokee.

Damn. This sucks. This part of the country is extremely unforgiving, especially in the summer time. RIP

Any word of who this was? An N-Number? All you can make out is the stripes on the gear fairing.

That sucks. It's been so hot here the last few days, and this is not even as bad as it's going to get. We still have at least another 10 degrees to go in the next few weeks.

RIP

Back