Pistol Pete from down under "hello"

Re: Pistol Pete from down under \"hello\"

I went to NZ on the way to AU - I said their for about 90 minutes. I can tell you - it was raining, looked very lush and undeveloped, and the showers in QantasClub were GREAT!

PistolPete what does ownz0red mean?

I live in Napier which is on the East Coast of the North Island. If anyone ever wants to pay a visit to New Zealand I would be happy to put you up for a few nights and show you the sights.

Yea New Zealand is a really laid back and enjoyable place to live. But I am absolutlely enthrawled by the bright lights of America. I really want to move over there in a few years and make a life for myself. I feel America has far more opportunities to offer me. If only there was a way to egt permanent residency in the US.

And by the way Australia is also a great country. Australians are a totally different story
grin.gif

Anyone have any questions about New Zealand id be happy to help.

Ryan

lol. You need to spend more time with online script kiddies.

It means we kicked their sore rear ends up the stairs and down again.

ok... so being the curious fool i am...

what's the difference with the austrialians and the new zealanders?

New Zealanders are like the people on the East coast of the U.S, to Australians.
grin.gif

They're a little W E I R D

grin.gif

To us Americans, they're both down under, but to the folks from either country, it's like asking what's the difference between Canadians and Americans.

Also, everyone knows what an Aussie accent looks like. But the Kiwi accent sounds different. It's like a combination of an English, Irish, and Australian accent.

PistolPete,
I find your argument floored. The All Blacks won the Tri Nations and the Bledisloe Cup. I would be interested to know what trophies the Australian team has in the cabinet. Sure you won the Semi-final but that was only one bad performance in a floorless year by the All Blacks. I recall the Wallibies performance at the World Cup was poor and they win one game against us and all of a sudden they are unbeatable. Could you please clarify what you meant by kicking our ass?

Thanks Ryan

Excuse me. But. Australians have won the RUGBY world cup more than any other country. So. There. *hyperventilates*

Also, by kicking your ass I mean we beat you, which we did. You cannot deny that.

Rugby: Elegant violence!
smile.gif

Thats interesting Pete. It brings my memory to a certain Bledisloe cup match earlier this year in Sydney. Do you care to give me the score to that match, I'm sure it will prove interesting. Also I'm sure you would he happy to tell me who has won more matches between the two sides over the years. That too would make interesting reading.

And one more thing how many times has an Australian team won the Super 12 title, now lets compare this statistics.

Doug yes Rugby is elegant. And comparing it to American Football I guess you could say its violence. Any sport that has that much protection sounds laughable. But I will admit that American football is a fascinating sport and I would love to learn more.

Look forward to your reply Pete,

Regards Ryan

Ok, first I am not a rugby fanatic.

I really wonder what you are trying to accomplish.

I said "we kicked your ass in the rugby world cup"
I meant we beat you, in the rugby world cup. We came second. England came first.You did not. Do you dispute this? If not whats your problem?
I did not say "we kick your ass and always will" I merely stated we did better than you in this lattest world cup.
I am NOT going to look up every single result of every game ever played between NZ and Australia, you can if you like.

secondly, I do beleive that in the international rugby cup Australia has won, that is, came first, more than any other country. However, I may be wrong. Please disprove this if you can.

Lastly, I made the referred to statement only because I was sick of the majority of NZ'ers that I knew taunting us and saying things like "HA! Your going down in the cup" and we had to meekly take it because we all thought you were actually going to win (with a far superiour team)

Thanks,
Pete

PS. I don't want an Au vs NZ war here, I have had enough of them on other forums.

PPS. flawed is spelt that way. Not floored, unless you mean I pressed an accelerator particularly hard.

Pete you should become an english teacher. I didn't know my grammer had to be perfect in this forum. I must improve.

Yes your right we are not proving anything by this. They are both excellent teams. You know how it is for little New Zealand we are always being looked down on by the Aussies. We must stick up for ourselves or else we will be walked all over.

Anyway with all banter aside welcome to the forum and no hard feelings.

Regards Ryan

Heh, thanks. I was getting a little scared there, I'm not a rugby know it all. :p and you aren't looked down on that much....actually I would say more...not noticed. Except in the rugby of course. I blame the NZ'ers not winning that game on the extreme heat...it was a real steamer that day.

Anyway, bye now,
Pete

Na Pete it wasn't the heat. Aussie certainly were the best team on the day. We were completely outplayed. But like I said I didn't mean to argue with you. You Aussies arn't that bad.

Regards Ryan

my roommate plays rugby here in Michigan...I think she's nuts...she's 5'0 and weighs prolly mebbe 115 dripping wet. I saw her play one game and i thought she was going to be killed...ack!

Back