Piper Arrow

[ QUOTE ]
I fly an Arrow II now and would recommend that. I've gotten so used to the brick like features of the Arrow that I find myself floating down the runway when I fly the warriors. The Arrow is a great airplane and I hope you enjoy your time. As much as I would love to fly a newer aircraft with a nice avionics package, the older ones build the same flight time at lower cost. I figure I can fly the newer models when I actually have money to spend
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you can find one like ours where we have a Garmin 430 and a brand new engine. Its just like flying the new planes.

The Arrow doesn't glide that bad.....as long as the gear is up. If it's out there forget about it!!!

[ QUOTE ]
The T-tail, along with other planes with that tail has a reputation of getting mushy stabilator control at lower speeds due to the stabilator being out of the prop wash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so that's a disadvantage of a T-Tail. What are the advantages? (There must be some, otherwise that design wouldn't exist!)

I have never heard of any advantages. A lot of people say that it was a design change that was made to change the look of the plane(ie more modern, like changing a cars body style). They have since gone back to the conventional tail.

In a spin in a t-tail you still have some airflow over the rudder, where the conventional design has a tendency to block airflow to the rudder.

There are probably some more advantages, like less of a pitch change with flap / power changes.

Back