Pipeline Patrol

Hello,

I am one of the owners of American Patrols, Inc. I feel that it is necessary to clarify a few things. We do require 500 hours pic. Reason being is that the insurance company who carries our insurance requires that amount of time of our new pilots. We do not have a weight restriction, however the Cessna 172s that we fly have an aux tank in the baggage compartment of 18 gal and for training purposes a another pilot will need to be in the plane to train you. If you configure a weight and balance with the training pilot and it is within limits then you are good to go. We only fly the aircraft to spot the leaks for the companies. You are pilots first and always. We do not get out in the oil field and fix the leaks we find. That is the job of the pumpers in the field. It does help to know the oil field lingo, but we will help teach you that. No, this is not a glamor job. Yes it is hot and bumpy in the summer and cold in the winter (the aircraft are equipped with heaters in the winter months), but we are a pretty good company to work for. We are pretty friendly and we help give low time pilots a great opportunity to build time and better their future in other flying career opportunities and a 1 year contract for this type of flying opportunity is not that much to ask. If we have a bad weather day, we do not force you in the plane to fly (try getting that option at a freight hauling/people hauling company). We limit our new pilots to 7 miles vis and a 700 ft ceiling. Safety is our #1 goal. We generally like you to fly 300 to 400 ft agl and only proceed lower to obtain an accurate location of a leak, and then you need to be back up to 300 to 400 ft agl. Pay is $10 while training (usually 2 to 4 weeks) and solo PIC time is $19 per hr.

We have several candidates lined up for the current opening, so please do not send me resumes. I hope this clarifies some of your questions.

Paige

Hello,

I am one of the owners of American Patrols, Inc. I feel that it is necessary to clarify a few things. We do require 500 hours pic. Reason being is that the insurance company who carries our insurance requires that amount of time of our new pilots. We do not have a weight restriction, however the Cessna 172s that we fly have an aux tank in the baggage compartment of 18 gal and for training purposes a another pilot will need to be in the plane to train you. If you configure a weight and balance with the training pilot and it is within limits then you are good to go. We only fly the aircraft to spot the leaks for the companies. You are pilots first and always. We do not get out in the oil field and fix the leaks we find. That is the job of the pumpers in the field. It does help to know the oil field lingo, but we will help teach you that. No, this is not a glamor job. Yes it is hot and bumpy in the summer and cold in the winter (the aircraft are equipped with heaters in the winter months), but we are a pretty good company to work for. We are pretty friendly and we help give low time pilots a great opportunity to build time and better their future in other flying career opportunities and a 1 year contract for this type of flying opportunity is not that much to ask. If we have a bad weather day, we do not force you in the plane to fly (try getting that option at a freight hauling/people hauling company). We limit our new pilots to 7 miles vis and a 700 ft ceiling. Safety is our #1 goal. We generally like you to fly 300 to 400 ft agl and only proceed lower to obtain an accurate location of a leak, and then you need to be back up to 300 to 400 ft agl. Pay is $10 while training (usually 2 to 4 weeks) and solo PIC time is $19 per hr.

We have several candidates lined up for the current opening, so please do not send me resumes. I hope this clarifies some of your questions.

Paige

Welcome Paige. Thanks for the clarification. Always nice to hear straight from the horses mouth! Sounds like a great company.

American Patrols is now advertising on Climbto350, everything the same as above. Probably looking to fill belliott's spot. So fire off those resumes!

Hello,

Paige

Yep, that about sums it up. I worked for them for almost a year. It wasn't a glamorus job, but so far the most exciting! The pay is pretty decent, especially for a 500 hour pilot. The owners are great, and I mean great. If the salary was higher, and if I could afford an average quality of life, I would have stayed there till I retired! It's a good job.

Do they have a website at all?
American Patrols, Inc. doesn't really return much info via google.
Or do people apply to some yahoo address only?

I wasn't sure if they would like me to post their number on the internet, but that works too...lol
OK, I can understand that. But they are advertising....

Truth be told, I was thinking perhaps you were one of those guys who fancied himself as the clearing house for all things. Dam suspicious mind of mine. No harm, no foul.

BTW: do you like crunchy or poofy? hahahahahaha

Cheetos_Mascot.jpg

Whats that suppost to mean???

That we, okay me, were picking fly poop out of pepper. Tango Bravo's tag line is a reminder to not do that. Mea Culpa. I guess I was feeling a bit randy that night.

Oh Duh! I didn't even read his tag line...lol I've been sitting here all week wondering what that meant, and all I had to do was read Tango Bravos tag line!

Back