Pipeline Patrol Co-Captain

PizzaGuy

Not really a co-captain at all actually, just an observer but you can log around 20 to 30 hrs of time a month on the dead heads. Place I'm working for is looking for anyone with at least a private pilot license to sit back seat in Citabrias based out of the Midland/Odessa, TX area patrolling pipeline and oil production fields. All low level flying and pretty fun actually.

For observers with at least a PPL Pay starts at 27k salary with full medical benefits including vision and dental. All you have to do is stay awake, sit in the back seat listening to your tunes looking out the window all day and take pictures of leaks once in a while. It's about as laid back as commercial flying can get. I am very impressed with the company- how they treat their employees as well as how well they maintain the planes. Living in West TX will probably be torture if you are used to big metropolitan areas but if you enjoy open country landscapes and a bit of isolation doesn't bother you it's not too bad at all... It's NYC compared to a place like Bethel, AK for example.

PM me your flight times and a little info about yourself and I will pass it along to those in power. Please don't waste our time if you are just tire kicking! Do a little bit of research on the Odessa, TX area and try to decide if this is a job you would actually accept if offered before making contact. It is a good opportunity for those struggling to get through those first few hundred hours of total time.

Last edited:
Unless they are on the clock while flying dead heads. Also, I wonder if the flight time could be considered compensation for piloting an airplane during repositioning and dead heads.

Sounds like a decent way to get some TW time before being at insurance mins. Is this seasonal? Pay different for a CPL?

Job is full time/year round. Pay would start a few G bars lower for a non CPL, but still about as good as a regional FO. Quite a few have messaged me and the boss man has already had a number of phone interviews so it looks like the position is fixin' to be filled here right quick. Thank you for all the interest, my fellow Airpeople.

This sounds great!! :p. Hey there PizzaGuy, I may know you.

Well then, Red stubbled One, let me be the first to welcome you to the cyber sphere of the jet occupation forums... I think you have to have an actual beard to call yourself a Bearded Captain, no? Not shaving for 24 hours does not quite fit the description your username would suggest. I might remind you, Captain Red Stubble, that forgery and falsification is grounds for FAA enforcement action.

Back