Pinnacle vs ExpressJet

I would say it depends where you live and how easy it is to commute if you have to.If you go by upgrade times go with Pinnacle.

Pinnacle doens't pay during training, but ExpressJet only pays $100 a week, so that's not a major factor. I'm between bases for the two. ExpressJet has a 12 hour call out, which is great.

What exactly is a 12 hour call out?
confused.gif

Thanks.

Well, pay is similar at the two airlines, and there are slight differences between equipment. Nothing that would give one an edge over the other. I'd go with which one you would a) be easier to get to and from work with and b) be on reserve the shortest amount of time with.

Personal vote went to XJT, but then again I'm biased......

Only advice I can give would be to select the company based on how it compares to your desires. More specifically how appealing are the hub locations to you as a potential place to live? I live near the hub and am thankful for that. It maximizes your time at home and allows you to take advantage of your flight benefits more easily. I came to XJT thinking I would commute but thankfully decided not to. I can't speak about Pinnacle but I can say I've been very happy in my short tenure at XJT. Training was organized and professional. All of the captains I've flown with have been welcoming and helpful. I also was attracted to XJT by the route structure and international flying. Many of our flights are longer routes with lots of flying in Mexico and Canada which I feel is good experience to get, not to mention interesting. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions you might have. Most importantly consider yourself lucky to have options as many others do not.

[ QUOTE ]
Pinnacle doens't pay during training, but ExpressJet only pays $100 a week, so that's not a major factor. I'm between bases for the two. ExpressJet has a 12 hour call out, which is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 12-hour reserve call-out only applies to 10% of the reserve lines in a given base. The other 90% of us get a 2-hour callout.

XJT gives you a check for $1482 the first week to cover per diem during training, and provides a hotel room with a roommate.

[ QUOTE ]
XJT gives you a check for $1482 the first week to cover per diem during training, and provides a hotel room with a roommate.

[/ QUOTE ]

To put that figure into perspective, that's about 3 times what I made in one paycheck on the ramp at XJT. So, if you do a little pre-planning and don't do anything stupid, it's totally possible to exist on that for the time period.

I'd go for the CRJ, nice aircraft, but XJT has the flowthrough agreement with Continental. Good luck and congrats.

[ QUOTE ]
No Continental flowthrough anymore.

I would still go with ExpressJet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. CRJ is nicer.

[ QUOTE ]
You've flown both?

[/ QUOTE ]

No he hasn't.

If he is going by looks, then he made the right choice.

I for one would choose Pinnacle because of the area it generally flies, just like others would choose Express Jet for their own personal reasons.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No Continental flowthrough anymore.

I would still go with ExpressJet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. CRJ is nicer.

[/ QUOTE ]

rolleyes.gif

Someday you'll find there is more to a choice than how pretty the airplane is.

This is just me, but I like the layout of the ERJ's flight deck better. I haven't flown either of them, so I can't tell you about ergonomics in flight, the FMS, autopilots, etc. I do know that it's easier to move around in the ERJ. I don't bang a knee or my head climbing into the seat when towing the aircraft, and I don't feel like I'm in a box while sitting in the seat.

Which ever you choose make sure once you are on board stop following the news at the other carrier as close...

If the other company performs better you are going to be very sad...

IMHO
I'd go with CRJ because if the regionals seriously get into bigger planes CRJ 700/900 are right there for them with 2 day differences training.

ERJ to EMB 170/190 will be more expensive training cost..

However what do I know!? I fly the props!

How do the two parent airlines compare financially? How stable are both regionals themselves? I don't know, I am just asking. It would suck to be hired somewhere only to have the airline go bankrupt 6 months later.

[ QUOTE ]
How do the two parent airlines compare financially? How stable are both regionals themselves? I don't know, I am just asking. It would suck to be hired somewhere only to have the airline go bankrupt 6 months later.

[/ QUOTE ]NWA is in about as good a position as any legacy. They are losing money, but they have much cash. They also are the most insulated from LCC competition of all of the legacies (at least in MSP).

[ QUOTE ]

Someday you'll find there is more to a choice than how pretty the airplane is.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I can say is talk to the mechanics. I fly them around to fix writeups on planes sitting away from the maintenance base. I spend a whole lot more time chasing around ERJ's for ExpressJet, American Eagle, and Chautauqua than I do chasing CRJ's for PSA. The ERJ mech's spend a lot more time cursing at the "jungle jets" too. Cheap Brazilian junk I've been told. The Canadairs are significantly more expensive.
bandit.gif

Back