Pinnacle Hiring soon?

CRJDriver

Not sure if this has been posted here before, but I found this on another board, and it is posted on the ATP web site as well. Can anyone from Pinnacle confirm this or can find out from HR if this is true? Not sure why there would be such a big demand, unless it has something to do with the merger?

I received a call from one of ATP's RJ Program Grads who is in the interview pool with Pinnacle Airlines. He called to give me the gouge:

* Pinnacle has over 60 people in their "interview pool", but they have confirmed that over 30 of the people in the pool have found employment elsewhere.
* The first round of interviews will take place the first and second week of January, 2009.
* There was no official forecast of the number of pilots who will be hired, but we are told that they will have a "large demand for pilots" beginning in January.
* They will be using those pilots to build up their base in ATL flying the CRJ-900.
* They will also begin flying for Delta out of MSP in Minneapolis and will be building up that base also.
* There will be a lot of RJ systems and limitations questions in the interview.
* ATP RJ Grads will be exempt from taking a Simulator Evaluation during the interview.

I'm getting furloughed soon and just looking at all my options. Sucks, going from one DCI carrier to another and start all over again at 1st year pay.

I would not put much thought into that posting. From talking to people whom are actually at 9e it does not appear that post from a newbie had much validity in it. Take it for what its worth. But right now 9e is a place I'd be willing to go. Mostly due to not having to resign your seniority.

NO hiring. The ATL operation has a ton of reserves. We are operating something like 16 lines (airframes) and there are 20+ reserves on call EACH DAY. Thats reserves for reserves. MEM/DTW/MSP (NWA operation) is not "fat" but the lines are down very close to guarantee and there are a good amount of reserves with limited open time. We recently had the 2 NH classes of FO's hit the line (-200 side) and many of the check airman/instructors are back line flying. I would put my neck out and say NO HIRING until a Pilot contract (the light is starting the glow again) or growth (not holding my breath). The fact that daddy DL is saying there will be continued cuts does not give me the warm and fuzzies about any movement over here. Sorry folks..

Yeah, I have to agree with Ken. Jan 09 class, they'd have to get on the ball and start calling some poolies at this point. March....maybe. Who knows? The reason ATL has so many people is b/c of the way Delta has us scheduled down there. The company is uber concerned about performance numbers, so they've got 'em staffed high in order to keep things greased and rolling. Some guys on reserve haven't flown in weeks, but they keep them there "just in case."

As for MEM, I just finished 5 days in a row flying on reserve. I've NEVER (read NEVER) done that before, not even when I was an FO and we were mad short. All of it was out of DTW, too. All it takes is one snow storm, and things get so f'ed up we go from (in my mind) properly staffed to the verge of collapse. Add in sick calls to the mix, and you're screwed. Just look what happend to NWA last time they short staffed themselves to save some $$$. All their crews started timing out to the point they had to cancel flights.

I wouldn't so NO classes next year, but I think Jan would be seriously optimistic.

Oh, I won't! But I heard in order to receive unemployment, you have to fill out a job application once a week ;)

So walk into any retail store and fill out an application. People on unemployment do it all of the time. I've even called people of an interview and they turned it down saying that they just filled it out for unemployment reasons.

So walk into any retail store and fill out an application. People on unemployment do it all of the time. I've even called people of an interview and they turned it down saying that they just filled it out for unemployment reasons.

Not sure about most states, but in FL turning down an interview negates your unemployment benefits. Going to the interview and not getting the job would keep them intact, but turning down an interview or a job offer nixes the benes.

Granted you have to be truthful when they ask the question "Have you turned down an offer of employment or an interview," so I doubt anyone would actually say "Yes."

Not sure about most states, but in FL turning down an interview negates your unemployment benefits. Going to the interview and not getting the job would keep them intact, but turning down an interview or a job offer nixes the benes.

Granted you have to be truthful when they ask the question "Have you turned down an offer of employment or an interview," so I doubt anyone would actually say "Yes."

Yeah, but I'm going to file in Kentuckee... where everyone is unemployed :)

Kentucky Xmas :)
http://www.andycouch.com/whitetrashxmas/

Your right if you turn down an interview the benes are gone, but I've never had anybody call and check up on someone.

Just ask for a higher wage to the point where they have to turn you down :p

Yeah, but I'm going to file in Kentuckee... where everyone is unemployed :)

Kentucky Xmas :)
http://www.andycouch.com/whitetrashxmas/
Do you live in KY? Or are you just based there?
I'm not sure about all this furlough crap, but when I used to drive dump trailers, we were laid off every winter (no construction in winter). It was considered a temporary lay off because you would be recalled at a later date (when weather improved), so we were not required to fill out applications or job search. Isn't a furlough a (hopefully) temporary lay off also?

Oh yeah, there was a knock at the door today and there stood a SMOKIN' HOT brunette with tight jeans and a belly shirt! I thought it was nice that the girl that brought my furlough letter (certified) was so cute :) Oh, and it was 75 and sunny because I am in FL, not Florence...Y'All!
Girlfriend on a trip and heard rumors from two pilots (at separate times) of more furloughs being announced Christmas Eve! What's up with this company? Was it not bad enough that they gave us the news on Thanksgiving Eve??

Back