Pilots and Controllers

PA44totracon

Just a vent from a frustrated controller. If we ask you to verify that you are out of 340 and then calls traffic 6.5 miles out, please don't report leaving 339. I know that we have not have had the best working relationship if the near past. But, the majority of controllers do as much as we can to help pilots out with ride reports, short cuts,...etc. It would be nice if you throw us a bone when you know we need it. Almost had a deal tonight. Just a RANT.

Just a vent from a frustrated controller. If we ask you to verify that you are out of 340 and then calls traffic 6.5 miles out, please don't report leaving 339. I know that we have not have had the best working relationship if the near past. But, the majority of controllers do as much as we can to help pilots out with ride reports, short cuts,...etc. It would be nice if you throw us a bone when you know we need it. Almost had a deal tonight. Just a RANT.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking about here, please elaborate. Are you saying that if you ask us to verify that we're leaving FL340 not to use a different number as we're descending? Please explain the situation a bit more.

I'm totally confused as well. What bone is it you need?

At least he didn't say he was on a land line. :D

Seriously, I think you needed the pilot to say "affirmative, out of 340" without being any more specific. Is that the case?

If a controller asks if I am out of 340, and I am, I respond with the above, and given what you said I would have said just that, and pulled the throttles to idle. Experience varies as we all know, and some don't know where to throw the bones.

However, It appears two A/C were 100 feet apart vertically @ 6.5 miles. What happened there?

It's a two way street, and I always do what I can. If I am asked to "expedite descent through XXX", I certainly will. You said it was a rant, and I hear ya.

I sure wish you could do FAM rides again. I've had some great conversations.

Bill

7110.65 on the shelf.

Back