Pilot reports seeing man on jetpack near Los Angeles airport, second time this year

Oxman

Flying and social distancing?

A China Air pilot called in the rocket man at around 2 p.m. local time, according to KCBS. His plane was about 6,000 feet in the air and 7 miles northwest of LAX at the time.

The Federal Aviation Administration and local authorities are investigating.

Phys.org reports that “jetpacks” being developed by Martin Aircraft Co. more closely resemble mini-helicopters and reach a maximum altitude of 3,000 feet, or about 3,000 feet lower than the reported height from Wednesday. Flying one requires a pilots license and the units cost around $200,000, but not are not available on the consumer market.

Elton John has not commented.

Damn you Tony Stark.

iu

My money is on a jetpack drone or jet-wingsuit...
There is always the possibility of DARPA like stuff, with their advanced secret gizmos.:cool:
Maybe the DARPA week end janitor "borrowed' one :biggrin:
Currently known jet-packs can barely reach that altitude and have a very short flying time.

Last edited:
Some kid attached a Malibu Ken doll to an Estes rocket?? I mean, it was a Chinese pilot. Probably thinks we all look the same.

Those things make a crap load of noise. Where is is launching / landing at that no one is getting video over thier fence? Not much open area last 30 miles into LAX.

What in the actual what???
Good thing we're not spending 3 to 5 trillion dollars a year on the military and its ancillary secret squirrel activities. This is why I advocate for a more robust military expenditure. If we only did that, or maybe gave a little something something to the NSA and the NGA, we would instantly know precisely what this was.

Back