Pilot Pay Comparison

Don't I know it. I was shocked to find what some of the spam-can houses here in the valley go for. A similar house back in STL would go for no more than $80-100k.

Out here you're looking at $150-200k easy for a little four bed, 2 bath, 1,800sq. ft. "stand alond apartment." Not to mention you're four feet from the neighbor.
shocked.gif

Oh and I just laugh my @$$ off when I see houses listed as "used" - and the "historic" district where the homes were built in the 1940s!
grin.gif

Yeah and the "we'll cut labor cost to save you money" argument is about as lame as they come. Savings aren't passed on to the consumer. At best they are used to pad the profit margin at worst they go to the management as "bonuses."

People are just plain dumb.
smirk.gif

Well, the worst part is that during the radio show, these yahoos were calling saying stuff like this:

"I work 35 hours a week and get no medical benefits at all, they should be happy!"

"I like Walmart because they're people are non union and it's cheap"

But haven't cracked the code that if everyone worked for less money, that they'd be out there buying fewer goods and services and the people that dared to pay a liveable salary would go out of business.

Leaving nothing but Wal Mart.

But Wal Mart's strength isn't the absence of unionized employees, their strength is in the sheer behemoth of volume purchasing.

Alas, if Wal Mart (and other business like it) were the only stores left, they'd raise their prices, lower wages and do it all with that damned yellow-jaundiced smiley face under the guise that "Welp, they oughta be happpy to have a job".

That things more annoying than Jared from Subway.

[ QUOTE ]

The pay being the same...

Wouldn't you rather be flying airplanes than ringing up customers at the local grocery outlet?

Shooting an ILS successfully to minimums or bagging the bread and cheese as you tender change for a twenty?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, but with greater responsibility, shouldn't you get greater pay. If the cashier has a bad day all that happens is that you end up with broken eggs.

[ QUOTE ]
But haven't cracked the code that if everyone worked for less money, that they'd be out there buying fewer goods and services and the people that dared to pay a liveable salary would go out of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trickle-up economics! I like it!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
But Wal Mart's strength isn't the absence of unionized employees, their strength is in the sheer behemoth of volume purchasing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, all the talk about how American businesses can't compete with the $0.25 an hour Chinese slave labor folks is BS. They had Ben from Ben and Jerry's on Marketplace one day. He said that the cost savings for the retailer one a typical shirt made here in the US and one made in China is a whopping $0.50 per shirt.

But the folks on Wall Street won't be happy until we're all making $8.00 an hour with no benefits. The funny thing is that they fail to realize that if everyone's like that, the system will implode!

[ QUOTE ]
But the folks on Wall Street won't be happy until we're all making minimum wage, after minimum wages has been lowered, with no benefits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corrected.
tongue.gif
cool.gif
shocked.gif

Back