Pilot hangs out of cockpit window to retrieve passenger's phone

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Now, everyone has to do this!

Video shows a Southwest Airlines pilot leaning out of the cockpit window in a bid to retrieve a cellphone to a passenger who forgot their phone in the gate area at Long Beach Airport in Los Angeles. Staff on the ground quickly worked together to ensure the phone was safely returned to its owner.

I won't lie, Grubhub allowed me to experience a lot of really weird places in the greater SeaTac area for the low price of a 30% upcharge. I still go back to Mama Dough in Kent for the hand stretched noodles in lamb broth. It's f##king fragrant in a way we don't really like in America, but damn good. And an order of the spicy pig ear app to share with my CA of course :)

I won't lie, Grubhub allowed me to experience a lot of really weird places in the greater SeaTac area for the low price of a 30% upcharge. I still go back to Mama Dough in Kent for the hand stretched noodles in lamb broth. It's f##king fragrant in a way we don't really like in America, but damn good. And an order of the spicy pig ear app to share with my CA of course :)
One night during an 0200 BFI stop my FO found us a sambusa (East African fried dumpling) cart that just happened to be open. Maybe it was just the late hour but it was amazeballs

Oh man, I'll have to try. Sounds awesome. Seattle is amazing when it comes to "pick absolutely any food on earth you might like" and it will have it (I bet we have whale or fermented shark somewhere). Although "china" and "noodles" are normally at the top of my list, as long as there is some funk involved. Yeah there are some peppercorns fo sho. Could drink that broth all day long

Oh man, I'll have to try. Sounds awesome. Seattle is amazing when it comes to "pick absolutely any food on earth you might like" and it will have it (I bet we have whale or fermented shark somewhere). Although "china" and "noodles" are normally at the top of my list, as long as there is some funk involved. Yeah there are some peppercorns fo sho. Could drink that broth all day long

We need to go eat, my friend... (checking punctuation so that didn't sound weird)

Seriously, I'm the dork that scoffs and says "which region?" when the other guy says "I like Chinese food".

Seattles Asian scene is amazing, but now they have us over in Bellvue because someone saw a homeless dude in a park. :/

One night during an 0200 BFI stop my FO found us a sambusa (East African fried dumpling) cart that just happened to be open. Maybe it was just the late hour but it was amazeballs

Oh so good. Sizable population of East African expats/refugees down that way. I haven't quite yet cracked the code on what is the place to go eat at amongst many.

We need to go eat, my friend... (checking punctuation so that didn't sound weird)

Seriously, I'm the dork that scoffs and says "which region?" when the other guy says "I like Chinese food".

Seattles Asian scene is amazing, but now they have us over in Bellvue because someone saw a homeless dude in a park. :/

Sounds like a pilot date to me :) I trust you will advise when you are in town again

And yeah, we also apparently (before my time) moved hotels for same reason. Old people. Also, F'ing Bellevue? May as well be close to the airport if you aren't anywhere cool. And you could have a weird meatloaf hamburger at sharps roasters every meal....

Last edited:
oooooooo that sounds tasty. Szechuan peppercorns?

I haven't been since the pandemic, but if you're downtown: Qin Xi'an Noodles · 1203 Pine St, Seattle, WA 98101, United States

It's the closet thing to Xi'An Famous Foods on the west coast.

Thanks for the suggestions, I gotta try those spots next time I’m up at the Death Star

Back