Pilot/Consultant Needed

Employers invest a lot of money in to employees, especially pilots (who may require special training.)

No employer would be happy to see a pilot leave as soon as he hits the magical 1000 after spending $20,000 on Flight Safety training.

So, 1000 is magical now? Cool! From everything I've been reading, seems like 1500 to 2500 seem to be the magical numbers.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
No employer would be happy to see a pilot leave as soon as he hits the magical 1000 after spending $20,000 on Flight Safety training.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, idea! Have your employee sign a two-year contract. Problem solved.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, idea! Have your employee sign a two-year contract. Problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not enforceable. Better to have an "employee pays for training with loan from employer which is forgiven over x years" arrangement, although in some states even that might not work.

MF

Training notes are very hard to enforce.

On the other hand I would never make an employee pay for his or her own training.

The best answer seems to be finding someone who is looking for a career here in the interview process.

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand I would never make an employee pay for his or her own training.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds Like a smart move to me. To Borrow a quote from ?????

"It's better to train an employee and have them leave, than it is to not train them and they stay."

I see that alot in the I.T. field. People work for comapny X and get thisd certification or that and then leave for company Y when they are paying so much more $$$$.

[ QUOTE ]
People work for comapny X and get thisd certification or that and then leave for company Y when they are paying so much more $$$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moral, Company X needs to pay more to retain its people. Ain't the free market grand (except when there's more job seekers than jobs
frown.gif
).

[ QUOTE ]
The best answer seems to be finding someone who is looking for a career here in the interview process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to have lie detector training with the interview??
grin.gif

Ok we need to cool it on this thread.

I think we have established that this is not a time building job, therefore it does not belong on jetcareers.

john- i was on your website where you give aviation links and next to jetcareers you say "be careful, many hidden agendas" or something to that effect. i was just wondering what you meant by that? if i'm thinking of the wrong website please disregard. also didn't mean to mis quote you if i did.

That is an old version. Reload the page and you will see that I changed that.

That stems back to my history with an ex-moderator.

[ QUOTE ]
see.... the post was deleted (not by me, but by the host of this fair website) because it was not a timebuilder position you were looking for... if your not looking for a timebuilding position, if it's not going to help someone get ahead in the aviation field (since this is what the website is for) and it's more of a consultant with "pilot" on the side.. then this is not the place to be posting your ad...

Hope you understand.. but the whole goal is aviation, aviation, aviation...
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry sweetie, I'm with Tenney on this one. Remember, not everyone here is on the airline track--there are a million different ways to characterize "aviation career". There are PLENTY of corporate pilots who fly for the company part time and serve some other function the rest of the time--especially in smaller companies that don't fly enough to keep a pilot on the payroll full-time. Tenney's looking for a qualified pilot who also has some other skills to help earn his keep. Doesn't make it any less of a flying job, really.

In fact, I think I'd dig a job where I could fly a few days a week and do programming a few days a week. Maybe that's just me.

Aloft I appreciate your support!

But Kristie has the "hammer" here. I've agreed to drop it and seek my employees elsewhere.

After all this website belongs to the Taylors and I fully support the way they choose to run it.

Even if it means whackin' me side the head with a two by four now and then.
ChuckieWithStick.gif

But not too often, ok Kristie?
grin.gif

Back