Pictures and movies from trip to BKL

jtrain609

Antisocial Monster
Heya everyone,

Just got back in from a trip to BKL. Got some pictures and two movies from the trip to Cleveland. Ignore the ones of me being stupid, there are a lot. The video the landing is flat, I realized that one once I looked at it. We were in an Arrow and I always seem to fly her flatter and with more power on final than I do anything else. I find that when the power comes out she drops like a rock, so I try to keep it in and it flattens things out for me.

http://rm-design.hypermart.net/Cleveland/

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Note: Edited because I am stupid

I think you forgot something John
wink.gif

We were on an IFR plan but we didn't touch any of the clouds. The only clouds we could have hit were enroute and we were above all of those. Couldn't see much over the lake, but that's no biggie.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Cool...
cool.gif

Beautiful weekend for flying in the Cleveland area, thats for sure. I hit my 8-hr. duty day yesterday and got 6 hrs. today....I'm beat (but not complaining)!

Next time you're in the area, stop by 1G3 (Kent State Univ. Airport), and lunch is on me!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think you forgot something John
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!!!
wink.gif

Those are some GREAT shots!!! Thanks for the link!

Hey John,

Nice photos/videos. I've never been to BKL but I think I will definately put it on the list. What year is that Arrow you are flying ? I know what you mean about it dropping like a rock. I spent my primary and instrument training in the Warriors and Archers then moved to the Arrow to build complex time. There is a big difference. The Arrow I fly has a three blade prop on it so the nose is even heavier than most. Now that I have about 100 hrs in it I am used to it, but it definately was interesting when I first started. I find that keeping a little higher airspeed until I'm over the numbers (on a normal landing) works, then pulling to idle gradually before touching down. If you pull the power out fast it'll fall right out of the sky so if you can figure out how to time it out right, you'll be still be able to land with idle power and the stall horn going off. It's a great plane and is a lot of fun to fly. Take it easy...

Happy Flying!
grin.gif

Heya,

It's a 1968 180 HP Arrow. She's old, but has been taken care of well. As you can see she's still got the old Hershey bar wing instead of the new tapered Warrior II wings.

Was that 3 bladed Arrow the one up in Allegan? How did that thing fly? Brian K. told me it took forever to takeoff 'cause of the 3 bladed prop.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

John,
Yeah the Arrow I fly is up at Allegan. She's a beast but I really don't think it takes too much time to get off the ground. It'll come off the ground pretty fast in the shorts and softs. It probably has a longer than normal ground roll if you are used to the Warriors or 172/172RG but it's nothing significant in my eyes. Plus it looks nice with the three blade prop on it
grin.gif

Check it out at Dodgen Aircraft under aircraft rental. Also look into their FBO club - the rental rates are fantastic once you join. I pay around $57 per hour in the Arrow! Just over a 100 bucks for a Seneca I. Definately something worth looking into. Take care

Happy Flying!
grin.gif

Great pics!!

That approach is one of the reasons I love flying out of BKL. Of course only having 2 parallel runways is on of the reasons I hate flying out of BKL. Although it'll be great when I need to get crosswind practice.

Naunga

heh, when I landed there were 25 knot winds from 040 (the runways are paralell 6's). It was like I was moving in slow motion! Might go back there this weekend, take my Mom out to dinner there for Mother's day...that is if I can get her in the plane.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Back