Picking Geographical Preferences?

Bigey

Sorry, i'm a little new to this.

When i was filling out my OTS application, i filled out the geographical preferences before it was accepted? Why is it that i've seen for others they pick their geo. prefs. after they take the AT-SAT? Am i misunderstanding something?

Thanks for the help!

Sorry, i'm a little new to this.

When i was filling out my OTS application, i filled out the geographical preferences before it was accepted? Why is it that i've seen for others they pick their geo. prefs. after they take the AT-SAT? Am i misunderstanding something?

Thanks for the help!

The application says to put "United States - Throughout the Nation" as your preference on your application... you'll pick preferences after the test. I wouldn't worry too much about it though... most of us selected states on the application just in case.

The application says to put "United States - Throughout the Nation" as your preference on your application... you'll pick preferences after the test. I wouldn't worry too much about it though... most of us selected states on the application just in case.

Maybe i read through it too fast? But it wasn't just asking for the "through-out the nation" i put the state and then the cities? Did i do too much?

Maybe i read through it too fast? But it wasn't just asking for the "through-out the nation" i put the state and then the cities? Did i do too much?

Got this directly from the announcement, which you can still view in your Applications tab on ASAP:

Applicants should select "UNITED STATES" & "THROUGHOUT THE NATION" for location preference. Duty locations/facilities assignments will be determined at a later date.

Technically, yes you did too much, but it's not something I would worry about. I'd say almost all of us put down other locations... I know I did... but we'll still choose again after the AT-SAT and we'll only be given 2 choices instead of the 10 that the application offered.

Got this directly from the announcement, which you can still view in your Applications tab on ASAP:

Applicants should select "UNITED STATES" & "THROUGHOUT THE NATION" for location preference. Duty locations/facilities assignments will be determined at a later date.

Technically, yes you did too much, but it's not something I would worry about. I'd say almost all of us put down other locations... I know I did... but we'll still choose again after the AT-SAT and we'll only be given 2 choices instead of the 10 that the application offered.

Ahh got'cha. Thanks!

Yeah, i put down basically my state, and surrounding area (cities). Now i get to check my email every day and the website. Haha

I had the same issue. The 1st time I applied I picked preferences and the 2nd time I did not. I don't think it is a big issue either, I still got picked for the AT-SAT.

I had the same issue. The 1st time I applied I picked preferences and the 2nd time I did not. I don't think it is a big issue either, I still got picked for the AT-SAT.

Why did you do it twice??

Mekia, I don't mean to be rude in asking...but are you POSITIVE that you were authorized to take the AT-SAT on 6/16? Everyone else from your group got their e-mails on 5/28-29 (I think), and this might explain why us 6/30-ers haven't heard anything yet...

Mekia, I don't mean to be rude in asking...but are you POSITIVE that you were authorized to take the AT-SAT on 6/16? Everyone else from your group got their e-mails on 5/28-29 (I think), and this might explain why us 6/30-ers haven't heard anything yet...

5/28 was when we saw the authorization on ASAP... we didn't start getting emails until about a week into June and each day was a different location so it went on for another week or so of emails...

Why did you do it twice??

Apply to every announcement that opens up. Those who have spoken with people at the FAA have been told that if they aren't picked up, they have to reapply in order to be considered for the next round. In my case, rather than seeing if I get picked up from my 5/2 application, I also applied to the 6/30 announcement and will keep applying until I get picked up. I don't want to hold off for another 6 months and find out I wasn't selected and then have to start over with the waiting.

5/28 was when we saw the authorization on ASAP... we didn't start getting emails until about a week into June and each day was a different location so it went on for another week or so of emails...

Yes, I know all that, I just saw mekia use the word 'authorize' and not 'schedule', so it piqued my interest. I know the lady from the FAA Careers dept. told me they were still authorizing people from the 5/2 announcement but I hadn't seen anyone to speak of who had been, and am wondering if...

Yes, I know all that, I just saw mekia use the word 'authorize' and not 'schedule', so it piqued my interest. I know the lady from the FAA Careers dept. told me they were still authorizing people from the 5/2 announcement but I hadn't seen anyone to speak of who had been, and am wondering if...

As far as I know, we were all authorized on 5/28. Robinson couldn't send out all our emails at one time because the FAA wasn't sending all our names at the same time, so even though some people were contacted, others weren't even on the list yet with Robinson... maybe that's what she meant.

As far as I know, we were all authorized on 5/28. Robinson couldn't send out all our emails at one time because the FAA wasn't sending all our names at the same time, so even though some people were contacted, others weren't even on the list yet with Robinson... maybe that's what she meant.

I wish that were what she meant.

I remember asking her, when I called,
"Doesn't Robinson deal with the next step of the process? The scheduling, and such?"
And she flat-out lied and declared that her office were still reviewing 5/2 applications and authorizing people to even take the test. I knew it was impossible, but wasn't going to be anything but pleasant, as I had already given her my name. :laff:

I sent an e-mail out their way a long time ago, as well, but they wrote back YESTERDAY telling me "2-4 weeks".
It appears that no one has anything but a canned (and incorrect) response for me, so I give up trying to get inside information. Inept people are more frustrating than waiting.

Back