PHX

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Any recent info on hotels that give a good crew rate or crashpads in PHX?

Thanks!

Thanks man. Caught me a little by surprise at 62% systemwide, but gonna give it a go and hopefully move further east by spring or summer. How about you? Getting close?

I apologize for not adding anything productive to your thread but I also want to add my congratulations! I’m glad you didn’t have to fight the OAK commute.

I apologize for not adding anything productive to your thread but I also want to add my congratulations! I’m glad you didn’t have to fight the OAK commute.

Thanks very much! That makes two of us. I've commuted to OAK before. It's a great base, just a lengthy commute.

Thanks man. Caught me a little by surprise at 62% systemwide, but gonna give it a go and hopefully move further east by spring or summer. How about you? Getting close?
I have some time yet, 1/17 hire date. Looks like deliveries are slowing down, listening to the Aviation Week podcast at Farnbourgh the Boeing hangup is now engines from CFM. Hopefully that gets worked out next year and things stay on track. We just moved back to Denver so if I do have to commute it will be way easier than Billings was.

Sounds good. Hopefully it happens quicker than you expect. 60% sneaks up on you!

Still looking for a place to stay in PHX if anyone has any ideas. Been using the airline rate at the Crown, $99 per night. That’s $111 out the door. Adds up when you’re on reserve and they don’t call, or they bring you back to base early with a day or two left in your reserve block. Open to suggestions!

There was a crashpad I used for the 2 months I was PHX based. About 10 minutes from the airport. 2 bedroom 1 bathroom. 2 bunk beds in each room. It's been a few years since I was there but I have the number still for the guy who ran it. I can try to reach out to him and see if it is still open. Or I can give you the number.

February is looking to be problematic with the Super Bowl and the WM Open. Hotels are either sold out of going for hundreds of dollars a night. If any of you have an AirBnB you’re going to rake it in.

Am working the Super Bowl, and yeah, everything is going to be jammed up there. Airports too. Skyrocket prices.

I scheduled a colonoscopy. Seriously. If I know I have to call in sick anyway, might as well get something done that needs to be done.

Bump…
So I got lucky enough to be awarded PHX before even done with training (what I originally bid for). Expect to hit the line beginning of April. Any new leads on good crash pads/methods here? Ultimately plan to move here, but going to wait a few months, and with mostly day and overnight trips, ill need something for sure.

Back