PHX gateway. Transportation to terminal?

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Jumpseated on Brown to PHX (outstanding experience!) and the Uber was $28 (with a tip) to get me from their gateway back to the terminal. I know a lot of people on this forum are from PHX area. Any suggestions for more cost effective ways to get from the cargo complex on the south side over to the terminal or commuter hotels? Thanks In advance!

I don't really have anything to add other than Uber is probably your best bet.

Have you called any of the local hotels to see if their shuttle will pick you up from the gateway?

I don't really have anything to add other than Uber is probably your best bet.

Have you called any of the local hotels to see if their shuttle will pick you up from the gateway?

Not yet. Figured I'd start by asking around. The idea of cold calling hotels and trying to explain where I want to be picked up just sounds exhausting.

Not yet. Figured I'd start by asking around. The idea of cold calling hotels and trying to explain where I want to be picked up just sounds exhausting.
No doubt.
We use a third party for shuttle service. The Marriott downtown doesn't offer shuttle service to the gateway.

Good luck.

I did a search of the UPS pilot forum and there is no answer there. I think you'll be stuck with Uber if you want to ride with Brown. If there is a local jumpseater who is parked there, don't hesitate to ask if they will drop you off. I gave a guy a ride from BFI to SEA once. Very few offline pilots jump on UPS and being able to jumpseat on the airlines is a huge benefit to the UPS pilot group.

I did a search of the UPS pilot forum and there is no answer there. I think you'll be stuck with Uber if you want to ride with Brown. If there is a local jumpseater who is parked there, don't hesitate to ask if they will drop you off. I gave a guy a ride from BFI to SEA once. Very few offline pilots jump on UPS and being able to jumpseat on the airlines is a huge benefit to the UPS pilot group.

Yeah I figured that was the case. Might try getting an Uber to the rental car center this week, then just taking the free bus to the terminal from there. Might save a few bucks at least. Thanks for checking!

How close is it to Jackson Jet Center? They have a shuttle to the terminal if you can get there and pretend you're a corporate guy.

Might have just been the time of day. I just did maybe a month ago fedex to the terminal and it was $14.

How close is it to Jackson Jet Center? They have a shuttle to the terminal if you can get there and pretend you're a corporate guy.
I was thinking of the same strategy yesterday and google mapped it. It's not far to Cutter or Jackson. Then I thought that's kind of a, I don't know what word to use, but maybe slightly dishonorable or tacky thing for a major airline pilot to do. But since you mentioned it, in the right situation it could be a good answer. I could have done it if I knew I could tip the line guy $20, make his day, and know his boss is going to look the other way and doesn't care.

Doubt anyone here remembers back in the day. When it as a whole lot easier when main cargo at PHX was still located west of the old Terminal 1 and the recently closed Terminal 2. You could just walk over to T2 and catch the concourse connector.

Trying again tomorrow. My plan is to Uber to the rental car center and take the bus from there. Should knock around $10 off the Uber bill. I know I’m being a cheapskate, but it adds up when you commute 4-5 times a month!

Trying again tomorrow. My plan is to Uber to the rental car center and take the bus from there. Should knock around $10 off the Uber bill. I know I’m being a cheapskate, but it adds up when you commute 4-5 times a month!

:):)

Airline pilots. “Screw getting a meal from the terminal, its $3 more than off airport!”

Also, airline pilots: “Need to trade in the Tesla/BMW/Porsche that’s only 3 years old, for the latest model. The monthly payments are totally worth it!”

Airline pilots. “Screw getting a meal from the terminal, its $3 more than off airport!”

Also, airline pilots: “Need to trade in the Tesla/BMW/Porsche that’s only 3 years old, for the latest model. The monthly payments are totally worth it!”

I still drive a 2004 Pontiac Vibe.

I will fight you. Ha!

Hey, don’t you roll in a 7 series?

I will fight you. Ha!

Hey, don’t you roll in a 7 series?
9B8EDA35-162A-4C29-A5DC-18E7E948077E.jpeg

Back