PHX-CLT Medical Emergency.

Boyington

From reports, a US Airways flight from PHX to CLT was diverted to Nashville due to a medical emergency on board. Passengers performed CPR and used an onboard AED, and were able to successfully (at least in the short term) treat a patient suffering from sudden onset cardiac arrest. The passengers reported that the crew were professional, and were able to land the plane in Nashville in what seemed to be "just a few minutes" after the emergency occurred.

Welp, so. Something bad happened and was dealt with correctly. No story here. Now, where's something I can be outraged about? I've an urge to post some vile invective about things about which I know nothing! ;)
How's the Ukraine thing going? I haven't kept up since I've been state-side, but the big rumor when overseas was there was a revolution brewing. What say you? And how about TC-1, what do you know about it? LOL. How's that to keep you entertained?

As for me, the rare posting while state-side. The son is having a sleep-over and they've been at the X-Box for a few hours now...

I think the Ukraine is about half Poland, half Russia, and the result is predictable from that data.

TC-1, I don't know what you're talking about. But if I did, I'd have to disavow it. But I really don't.

And X-Box is probably a better way of spending your time. Show him that Dad's still got it! ;)

Oh, and welcome home!

I think the Ukraine is about half Poland, half Russia, and the result is predictable from that data.

TC-1, I don't know what you're talking about. But if I did, I'd have to disavow it. But I really don't.

And X-Box is probably a better way of spending your time. Show him that Dad's still got it! ;)

Oh, and welcome home!
Nah, Ukraine is half Ukraine nationalists and half "Russian" still want to be USSR people. I do see a split in the country happening in the next 5 years, if not sooner.

With the "TS-1" comment, I was going back to our Vegas discussion about your "interview" with Allen. ;-)

And, finally, he's 6 and this is his 3rd sleep over. I'm letting them be "big boys", and have the X-Box. He and I have our time with the games, and baseball, and I'm letting him have his time, while being in the next room. They just switched from Star Wars to a flying game. This should be interesting...

YOU DIDN'T EVEN TUNE THE ILS BEFORE YOU LANDED. ARE YOU THE MILKMAN'S SON? ;)
Tune the ILS??? Haha, it's a WW II game and they're flying P-51's. They have no clue what they are doing, but it's fun to listen to.

Also, tune the ILS?? Haha. We put the ILS ID into the FMC PROGress and it autotunes. Tune the ILS. How archaic.

Well, the flying game lasted one time, and now they are onto a basketball game. He may have hope after all. Not that he has any chance of being a basketball player, but he knows when to quit flying.:cool:

From reports, a US Airways flight from PHX to CLT was diverted to Nashville due to a medical emergency on board. Passengers performed CPR and used an onboard AED, and were able to successfully (at least in the short term) treat a patient suffering from sudden onset cardiac arrest. The passengers reported that the crew were professional, and were able to land the plane in Nashville in what seemed to be "just a few minutes" after the emergency occurred.

tumblr_llyhtp8tiq1qdpvjdo1_r1_500_thumb.gif

Considering he is adopted and I towered over his biological parents at 6', yeah, he has no hope in that respect. Wisdom, I'm not sure if I'm helping or hurting.;)

One never knows. Most of my male relatives are 6'2" or better and blonde haired. Hmm, maybe I'm the one who needs to have a little talk with the milkman. In any case, you seemed relatively wise to a drunk guy on a balcony, so, you know, take that to the bank! ;)

PS. You need to take junior to school on the Xbox.

Question for Airline types. How quickly would/do you descend if you have a medical emergency like that going on? Are you popping the spoilers and getting down as quickly and safely as possible or are there set procedures?

Back