PEPC vs Non-PEPC...which is better?

dredding

Gearing up for January 12th, I hear from all types of sources that I should take the PEPC route. Then others state that the Non-PEPC route is a better way to go. What do you fellow forum peoples think?

If you go PEPC, you have to wait for a PEPC date. If you take a Non-PEPC, can you begin the day after you get notified to start gathering all your information, thus completing this process weeks before a PEPC? Your thoughts...

If this has already been discussed, my apologies.

there has been a PEPC vs NON-PEPC ROUTE thread already. search for it. but just so this thread isnt completely useless...

Go the pepc route. just try to get into the first one. for PUBNAT1 the pepc's were VERY close to each other, so it was ok if you couldnt make the first. for the second they were far apart. if you have to wait a month for the pepc, then do it. if you have to wait 3 months then i would do the NON PEPC way, but make sure you are all over your HR rep like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm.

there has been a PEPC vs NON-PEPC ROUTE thread already. search for it. but just so this thread isnt completely useless...

Go the pepc route. just try to get into the first one. for PUBNAT1 the pepc's were VERY close to each other, so it was ok if you couldnt make the first. for the second they were far apart. if you have to wait a month for the pepc, then do it. if you have to wait 3 months then i would do the NON PEPC way, but make sure you are all over your HR rep like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm.
I went the non-PEPC route only because I couldn't go to the academy before January because I was on orders with my reserve unit, so it worked out perfectly. But it can take a lot longer. People in P1 who went to the first PEPC's are already at the academy, some even graduated.

One stop shopping never hurt anyone. Getting everything done in 1 day rather than many more months of waiting. If you get go the PEPC route DO IT!!

I went non-PEPC. I wrapped up my stuff fairly quickly (the fingerprints, physical, background check, etc). My references got their stuff filled out and returned with surprising quickness as well. I was contacted last week saying they needed me to do ANOTHER eye exam (the first one was conducted without my glasses). I was told that they wouldn't have asked for another eye exam if there were any other obstacles. I got it taken care of the next day.

My questions are: How long after everything is wrapped up should I have to wait for an FOL or OKC date? Is there anyone who I ought to call to follow up?

From reading posts on here, there seems to be an En-route class beginning Feb 23rd. That would be IDEAL for me. (my second child is due early Feb, so I can go there and back before the baby begins causing any trouble).

I would say that to not count on the Feb 23rd class. I could be wrong but I haven't really seen anyone that hadn't received a TOL get a FOL and class date within just over a month. It COULD happen though! Anything is possible. From what I have seen and experienced, I would say more waiting for about 2-3 months then suddenly get a notice to be here in 2 weeks. I have NO clue why they can't make you just wait a month and give you a 2 month notice :crazy:

You can look at my signature to see just how long it took me to do the non-pepc route.

Your signature was EXACTLY the one I was looking at when I began freaking out. However, when I was speaking with the administrator who was requesting the second eye examination she had said that it would be just a couple weeks after being medically cleared that I could expect to hear something. Conscious of typical government ambiguity, I was concerned about how long "a couple weeks" actually was.

Thanks for the insight.

Your signature was EXACTLY the one I was looking at when I began freaking out. However, when I was speaking with the administrator who was requesting the second eye examination she had said that it would be just a couple weeks after being medically cleared that I could expect to hear something. Conscious of typical government ambiguity, I was concerned about how long "a couple weeks" actually was.

Thanks for the insight.
The 14th of october was when I got the MMPI done and that took the longest to clear. And then they sent my TOL to the wrong person so I had that going for me too.

The 14th of october was when I got the MMPI done and that took the longest to clear. And then they sent my TOL to the wrong person so I had that going for me too.

Looking even closer at your signature, I notice you had 2 months between your interview and your TOL. I got my TOL 3 days after my interview. Maybe, just maybe, the process will go a bit quicker for me. Good luck with your training and your career. Perhaps the two of us will cross paths in OKC for future training sessions. Thanks for sharing.

Looking even closer at your signature, I notice you had 2 months between your interview and your TOL. I got my TOL 3 days after my interview. Maybe, just maybe, the process will go a bit quicker for me. Good luck with your training and your career. Perhaps the two of us will cross paths in OKC for future training sessions. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, I was in that initial wave where the HR folks were backlogged for a while because of the huge number of applicants.

Back