Pepc to Cleared

Wyopoke79

My search function doesn't seem to be working well....so I hope Bippoptl approves of this thread...

How long did it take you pubnat1 guys to go from Pepc to All Clear on your clearances? Did they contact you to let you know you were good?
:panic:

My search function doesn't seem to be working well....so I hope Bippoptl approves of this thread...

How long did it take you pubnat1 guys to go from Pepc to All Clear on your clearances? Did they contact you to let you know you were good?

I think it's 22 years after you're hired, but I'm not sure.

LOL. As long as it's not an "Official PUBNAT2 FOL Thread" I'm ok with it. Haha

PEPC on July 10th got the all cleared on 8/27 when I finally was able to get into contact with someone (not my HR rep) that had access to the infamous spreadsheet...and 2 weeks from tomorrow I'll be finally heading to OKC

I have a feeling the only notification we will get is when we receive the FOL.

I'm a little concerned that we are not even getting an APPROX class date, for the purposes of finding housing. One of the HR reps said that if we are getting a, say, March class date.... we will not receive the FOL until February. That could really limit what's available as far as housing is concerned.

I suppose you could call medical and security and ASK if you are clear, but the directions we got said to communicate through your HR rep.. soo.....

PEPC on Aug. 12th

Aug. 22nd finally got ahold of someone in Medical Division to see if they received my 8500 and was told that I was tentatively cleared for Medical

Sept 3rd emailed HR rep to see if background had tentatively cleared, received response that had not been cleared and an FYI to me that no upcoming class dates available for ZFW

Sept. 29 emailed HR rep due to rumor that I had a new HR rep, received reply of my new HR rep's name and email address.

Sept 29-Oct 14 attempted to email new HR rep on multiple occasions with no response.

Oct 29th called every 30-45 minutes to my HR rep until they answered and found out that all my tentative clearances were back and that they were reducing the enroute class sizes and that there were over 30 people waiting for a class for ZFW and I was toward the back of that list and not to expect to be going to Academy until Fall of 2009, Summer if there are some people who opt out. WHICH ALSO MEANS... according to the SW Medical Division I have to redo my Medical Clearance and Drug Test before Academy. UGH!

SOOO, the lesson we learned here, is they're not going to call you to let you know you have tentative clearance, you need to contact them... I would wait about 30 days and then contact again in 45 days if you hadn't been cleared by day 30.

just be prepared to go at any time. my entire class was called 5 or 6 days before class started. housing isn't that hard to find. it just takes a little of effort on your part.

They made it clear that the "last minute" classes popping up were mostly terminal. They told us that for en route it doesn't happen as much... not sure if that is a good thing or bad for us... LOL :)

They made it clear that the "last minute" classes popping up were mostly terminal. They told us that for en route it doesn't happen as much... not sure if that is a good thing or bad for us... LOL :)

It's good for me ;-)

I'm working the phones this week....

just be prepared to go at any time. my entire class was called 5 or 6 days before class started. housing isn't that hard to find. it just takes a little of effort on your part.

Does this happen often? I got called last week and like an idiot passed on it cuz I was completely unready. Now I want another shot.

Does this happen often? I got called last week and like an idiot passed on it cuz I was completely unready. Now I want another shot.

im not sure how often it happens. when i got short notice i asked when the next class was, and she said she had no idea when they were, so i just took it. just be prepared in case it happens again

WHICH ALSO MEANS... according to the SW Medical Division I have to redo my Medical Clearance and Drug Test before Academy. UGH!
quote]

woah, wait a minute.... I had heard that the drug test only lasts six months..... but what is this about the medical?

when does that expire? is it from the date the med clear was granted, or from when you went in for the exam??

Did they tell you if you have to do the whole thing over again?? MMPI and all?? or just the exam???

Sorry man, that sounds like a mess.

WHICH ALSO MEANS... according to the SW Medical Division I have to redo my Medical Clearance and Drug Test before Academy. UGH!
quote]

woah, wait a minute.... I had heard that the drug test only lasts six months..... but what is this about the medical?

when does that expire? is it from the date the med clear was granted, or from when you went in for the exam??

Did they tell you if you have to do the whole thing over again?? MMPI and all?? or just the exam???

Sorry man, that sounds like a mess.

you got me wondernig so i called back to check... it's just the regular annual medical (so not the MMPI).

If it is in fact like a standard 2nd Class airman's medical, it is good until the last day of the month, 12 calendar months from the date of issue. The medicals pilots get are issued on the spot unless the doctor finds reason to defer the issue. In either case it is looked at by folks in OKC although if the doc didn't find anything wrong it goes through about 99.7% of the time.

So if your medical is issued on the 12th of December 2008, it is good until the 31st of December 2009. Technically it reverts to a 3rd class medical after that and is good for 5 years if you wanted to get or already have your pilot's license, but you've got to have a 2nd class one to be an ATC.

hehe...i was called by the head of security for my region. I was cleared as far as this person was concerned. ;-)

I about went bonkers when I read that... Fall 2009 for a PUBNAT1 applicant. Sheesh.

This hurry up and wait stuff is WAY too literal :)

Back