PEPC or LOCAL?

aviatorchris

Ive posted on here before about a seizure I had. Ill recap so you know the backround
-Had a seizure when I was 8 or 9, and was denied a pilots medical when I was 15. The FAR says after 5 years you are legal for a medical with no restrictions as long as a one time occurance.
-The FAA at first failed me but I appealed and was overturned and now I'm a first class medical holder with COMM/INS ratings.

-My question to you is is it better to go to a crowded PEPC where time is a factor and get a Medical Examiner that sees my seizure history, flips out, and fails me withought letting me explain the situation? Or would it be better to go the NON PEPC route and see a local ME and sit down with all the FAA PPWK from 5 years ago, as well as my Doctor notes etc that I had to get to have it appealed.

Thanks so much,

Chris

They already have it in their files. Just put it down and report the facts. Also, take the letter granting your medical so you can give them a copy.

Sorry to keep bugging you.

I dug up the letter I got from the FAA. I applied for a 3rd class medical at the time, and the letter states that I'm cleared for a 3rd class medical and that if anything changes and I have another seizure or have to go on medication to report it immedietly. My Medical Examiner said if they cleared me for a 3rd class I'm fine for a 1st which is why I have a 1st class medical now. The FARS dont distinquish between medicals when it comes to different classes of medicals...

Any insight?
Also you didnt really say your oppinion on PEPC vs Local? In my situation think it matters at all?

Thanks so much!
Chris

Sorry to keep bugging you.

I dug up the letter I got from the FAA. I applied for a 3rd class medical at the time, and the letter states that I'm cleared for a 3rd class medical and that if anything changes and I have another seizure or have to go on medication to report it immedietly. My Medical Examiner said if they cleared me for a 3rd class I'm fine for a 1st which is why I have a 1st class medical now. The FARS dont distinquish between medicals when it comes to different classes of medicals...

Any insight?
Also you didnt really say your oppinion on PEPC vs Local? In my situation think it matters at all?

Thanks so much!
Chris

The Federal Air Surgeon authorized a Third Class medical - that is within his authority tp limit the class of medical certificate.

The FAR's do distinguish between class of medicals.

I think you should just go to the PEPC, get this issue resolved and get on with life.

Back