PEPC for PUBNAT2

aviatorchris

New Member
Does anyone know where the PEPC will be for PUBNAT2? I'm just curious if we know enough in advance to get cheaper tickets?

Also, I'm thinking about flying standby (Nonrev) to the PEPC to save money, but if I get bumped will they let me reschedule?

Thanks in advance!
Chris
 

BoomerSooner77

New Member
Does anyone know where the PEPC will be for PUBNAT2? I'm just curious if we know enough in advance to get cheaper tickets?

Also, I'm thinking about flying standby (Nonrev) to the PEPC to save money, but if I get bumped will they let me reschedule?

Thanks in advance!
Chris
FYI... most of us in PUBNAT1 only found out 1-2 weeks prior. I wouldn't recommend flying Non Rev.
 

KindaRadley

New Member
I'm a FEBOT and have my TOL.... and I applied to PUBNAT2 as a "backup". Well today, I got an e-mail asking for my geographical preferences... so I decided what the heck and filled it out. THIS time, I put down that I wanted to work in Guam and Alaska!

Here's to the stupidity of the US Government and the powers behind it!
 

chichi

New Member
I'm a FEBOT and have my TOL.... and I applied to PUBNAT2 as a "backup". Well today, I got an e-mail asking for my geographical preferences... so I decided what the heck and filled it out. THIS time, I put down that I wanted to work in Guam and Alaska!

Here's to the stupidity of the US Government and the powers behind it!
Isn't it going to suck when they take back that TOL and send you to Guam :crazy:
 

propcircles

New Member
I'm a FEBOT and have my TOL.... and I applied to PUBNAT2 as a "backup". Well today, I got an e-mail asking for my geographical preferences... so I decided what the heck and filled it out. THIS time, I put down that I wanted to work in Guam and Alaska!

Here's to the stupidity of the US Government and the powers behind it!

you mock my pain!! i'll see you at ZAN
 

hudson26

New Member
I'm a FEBOT and have my TOL.... and I applied to PUBNAT2 as a "backup". Well today, I got an e-mail asking for my geographical preferences... so I decided what the heck and filled it out. THIS time, I put down that I wanted to work in Guam and Alaska!

Here's to the stupidity of the US Government and the powers behind it!
You're saying they are stupid because they offered you a job? I won't argue.

But really, you applied to PUBNAT2 and you have a valid score so you will get the geopref email. They don't know or care that you have a TOL - as it is just that - tenative.
 

ATCproMatt

New Member
Don't fly standby.
You don't want to be "rescheduled" or anything in regards to this junk. It's at LEAST a 6 month delay.

I am hoping they do it in Chicago (again). Would be fun! New York would be pretty cool too.

Anyhow, from what I understand they pick a large city in a centralized location amongst most of the applicants. So to find that out, figure out where 90% of the applicants live, and then guestimate the closest major city.
We have at least 3 in Florida, 3 in GA, 3 in TX, 2 in NJ, 1 in NY, and iono about the rest.
 

bluegrass_gal

Well-Known Member
I flew standby. Just leave the day before in the morning or early afternoon and make sure there are several flts in the day in case you don't make the first...and if it starts to look bad then drive it. But rescheduling the PEPC would probably look really bad on you and who knows if they would let you reschedule it anyways.
 

Barty

Well-Known Member
If there's one in Memphis again, I'm planning on driving there anyway. Its 5-7 hours from where I live and I'd probably end up wasting 2 hours+ to deal with the hassle at ATL.

If there's one in Atlanta again, its a no brainer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they hold another one here like they did back in March or April.
 

aviatorchris

New Member
I flew standby. Just leave the day before in the morning or early afternoon and make sure there are several flts in the day in case you don't make the first...and if it starts to look bad then drive it. But rescheduling the PEPC would probably look really bad on you and who knows if they would let you reschedule it anyways.
I flew standby to the ATSAT and just left a couple days early and studied. But i was stressed out like mad trying to get out. I got out on the first flight but it was oversold blah blah blah.

So i'm hoping they give us more time to do it so I can get a cheap southwest or something.
 
Top