PEPC Appointment Start and End Times

highlander27

First off I think this forum and the people contributing to it are awesome. You've all helped clear up so much information that I otherwise would have been totally left in the dark on by the gracious FAA. I only wish I found this site sooner.

I was wondering if the people who have attended any PEPCs recently could please list their starting appointment times and ending times. I called Terri Owens and she said that appointment start times can range from 7am to 12pm and can last from 5 and a half to 7 and a half hours. I'm curious to see how frequently people get scheduled for a later morning start time.

I am flying to NY for my scheduled PEPC (7/11) and am trying to decide if I can take a 6:40pm flight out of NY right after the day's activities or if it is cutting things too close. It would be great if I can save some money instead of staying for another night at a hotel.

Thanks all.

I remember someone saying that groups of about 10 people are scheduled to come in at 30 minute intervals.

My appointment started at 0800 and I was done by 1130. I did get to skip the background security paperwork which maybe saved me 30-60mins depending on how fast you can type. They had around 163 people scheduled for the LA PEPC that day. I was the first to finish my interview so that helped me be first to every other section - drug test,medical, security, etc. By the end I noticed they started sending people to different locations depending on how busy each section was.

I imagine the place could turn into a goat rope if you have one of the later start times and could spend a lot of time waiting around. If you have one of the earlier start times you should be safe but I would wait until you get your start time before making any reservations.

for the love of god, wait until you get your start time before even thinking about cutting something that close. you miss your flight, you're buying another ticket. think of the consequences of your contingencies before trying to save 30 bucks and being a trainwreck the whole day thinking about your flight. i understand this is an exciting time and you want everything to work as quickly and efficiently as possible, but just chill out and play it safe.

My appointment started at 0800 and I was done by 1130. I did get to skip the background security paperwork which maybe saved me 30-60mins depending on how fast you can type. They had around 163 people scheduled for the LA PEPC that day. I was the first to finish my interview so that helped me be first to every other section - drug test,medical, security, etc. By the end I noticed they started sending people to different locations depending on how busy each section was.

I imagine the place could turn into a goat rope if you have one of the later start times and could spend a lot of time waiting around. If you have one of the earlier start times you should be safe but I would wait until you get your start time before making any reservations.

How long did your interview last? What type of questions were you asked? Similar to what is posted in the *sticky* PEPC interview questions?

Does anyone know what takes so long for the medical portion to be approved? Is it the drug test? Do they ask for blood to be drawn? Is there a lengthy review of your medical records? Maybe someone who has been through the process can shed some light?:D

How long did your interview last? What type of questions were you asked? Similar to what is posted in the *sticky* PEPC interview questions?

The interview lasted maybe 10-15 minutes; very short and relaxed. The questions on the sticky were spot on, my interviewer had a hard time trying to remember to ask them. He would right very quick notes on my answers after the questions.

There were at least 10 or more facility managers there for interviews so I would not take my experience as a standard, I am sure all of them had different styles for interviewing. Plus with my military, aircrew, and current job working for the military he felt I easily qualified for most of the questions and did not spend much time on them. I imagine with someone of the street without my work experience and backgrund he may have been more thorough and inquisitive.

Overall I think you would have to really bomb this protion to not get a TOL after the interview, I don't think they are really using the interview portion as a screening device.

Good Luck!

Does anyone know what takes so long for the medical portion to be approved? Is it the drug test? Do they ask for blood to be drawn? Is there a lengthy review of your medical records? Maybe someone who has been through the process can shed some light?:D

There are several stations in the medical area and it seemed like they would send you to whatever is available. Some examples were: vision, hearing, history, paperwork, etc.. After those are accomplished you go into a room and get hooked up to an EKG machine and get a printout. Then a Flight Surgeon will review everything and give you a basic physical.

All of these take time and it seemed like they only had one staion for most. I think they may have had two ekg/Flt Surg rooms.

They did not draw any blood. I am a pretty healthy guy and being the first one there helped me out with the speediness factor. If you have have/had any medical issues plan on this adding time and bring any supporting docs you have to help.

Like I said before they were planning on processing over 160 people in one day. If you have a later appointment in the day - I feel sorry for you :tease:

Back