PEPC/ACADEMY/GENERAL questions

pmatc

I have been searching through this site for months now and let me start off with saying, there isn't much that anyone applying should be caught off guard about. I do have a few fine tuned questions that may not help everyone, and may already be answered but I can't find them.

1. Being selected for PEPC for TERMINAL as an OTS, how long is the academy going to be? I have heard 8 weeks (ha, wishful thinking) up to 6 months. Can someone clarify?

2. Reading up on the SF85p/ or the SF86 things, assuming you (or I) had a public intoxication charge about 2 years ago, and not so good credit. Will this be addressed during the PEPC, or will I get pushed through the PEPC and have to wait on the nod or the rejection afterwards? I know enough to make sure to list it all up front but I am wondering when I get to relive the shame of these prior downfalls.

I received my PEPC invite on Friday for Kentucky. Yee Haw.. (That is sarcasm, not because of my offer, but because I am bound by native forces to the state that is Kentucky). If you have to live in Yeti land, you may as well be living well.

Thanks in advance for anyone's answers.

It's all coming together and good luck to those still in line.

1. 12 weeks I believe

2. It will be addressed during the PEPC. I had a minor consumption from college and I had to talk to the shrink about it briefly, not really a big deal. They let you explain it to them and then you put it down in writing.

SF85/SF86 It asks for a person that knows you at that address. What if you don't know the contact info of anyone that lived there? I don't even know last names let alone contact info.

SF85/SF86 It asks for a person that knows you at that address. What if you don't know the contact info of anyone that lived there? I don't even know last names let alone contact info.

Then you might want to get another reference....

Does anyone know if I have a current DOD Secret clearance, do I have to fill out the entire background investigation sheet again? That was a TON of paperwork in itself...or is this a mild background check?

Does anyone know if I have a current DOD Secret clearance, do I have to fill out the entire background investigation sheet again? That was a TON of paperwork in itself...or is this a mild background check?

ANy DoD Clearance will have to be completely redone.... I have a TS, and a Yankee White and they are making me do ALL of mine over again.

1. 12 weeks I believe

2. It will be addressed during the PEPC. I had a minor consumption from college and I had to talk to the shrink about it briefly, not really a big deal. They let you explain it to them and then you put it down in writing.

Is it 8 or 12 weeks for terminal?

I just recently attended the LA PEPC on June 19th and did not have to fill out the security background paperwork. I currently am a AF Government employee and have a TS/SCI completed through OPM. I brought a JCAVS printout for proof of my clearance (this can be printed out by your security manager). They were able to use a program to check on my clearance at the PEPC and verify it.

I was able to start the PEPC at 0800 and was finished by 1130, maily due to not having to fill it out.

Good Luck!

I just recently attended the LA PEPC on June 19th and did not have to fill out the security background paperwork. I currently am a AF Government employee and have a TS/SCI completed through OPM. I brought a JCAVS printout for proof of my clearance (this can be printed out by your security manager). They were able to use a program to check on my clearance at the PEPC and verify it.

I was able to start the PEPC at 0800 and was finished by 1130, maily due to not having to fill it out.

Good Luck!

Thanks BLOOMER!!!!! That'd be a huge relief not having to do that paperwork...again. I'll get with my manager and see about getting a copy of my clearance. Thanks again!

Back