People that just went to the LA PEPC..

Zhaj

What have you been told about class dates and have you heard anything about different facilities or positions getting faster/slower class dates? I'm headed to ZSE and so far have been told that; I should get a class date in April, I should get a class date in August, and it's not unlikely to get an early slot in late Feb/March. :eek::eek::eek: This stuff makes me pull my hair out. I am sympathetic of their workload and processing but my life has been chaos this these random and extending time lines.

Last summer my friend got a class date two weeks after his PEPC and a supervisor at my facility said it would for sure not take more than a month lol.
Damn I'm good at bitchin' :)

I haven't heard anything yet :banghead: have any of your references received the paperwork in the mail to fill out and send back?

I highly doubt anyone will get a class date real soon because they said it would take 6-8 weeks and that was pretty accurate from the previous Kansas City PEPC, but they also said that many of the clearances and MMPI results would be confirmed this week. Has anyone heard anything about the MMPI or other checks? I am hoping my phone don’t ring for the next two or three weeks regarding that as it would means there is a problem, also for the KC PEPC reference letters did not go out for a month, the same week in which people started getting FOL’s, so I don’t think a whole lot is going on with our applications right now besides scoring the MMPI and following up on obvious hurdles to the security clearance.

Yes, I would be curious to know when the MMPI results are in so I can stop wondering if they think I am nuts.:crazy:

Also Zhaj, aren't you the one who doesn't have a medical clearance due to Anxiety? That is probably why you weren't able to get a class date yet.

Yes, I would be curious to know when the MMPI results are in so I can stop wondering if they think I am nuts.:crazy:

Also Zhaj, aren't you the one who doesn't have a medical clearance due to Anxiety? That is probably why you weren't able to get a class date yet.

Unfortunately you have the wrong person. My medical clearance involving a 30 min visit to a mental health professional 4 years ago and my color vision deficiency were both cleared at the PEPC. So I am just waiting for my MMPI and background check like most people. My issue was non-existent and not even relating to anxiety...

"It looks like I'm going to have to get re-evaluated for depression because I saw a doc for a 30min session to try out some meds 3 years ago. Tried a few kinds, nothing worked, lasted maybe 3 months, we both just figured I was a bit bummed for a short period. Yes I'm thrilled :sarcasm:. This process has been a nightmare for me trying to juggle the rest of life around it and I'm sure many more have it much worse. Bottom line, I heard something like a 3 month additional wait time after I get the documents in order! Can anyone confirm this or reassure me that it won't take them another 3 months to approve me? Rawr... :mad: "

Sorry I said anxiety, I guess it was depression. If they cleared you at the PEPC, then why would you be required to get re-evaluated and possibly wait an additional 3 months? I know that depression (like anxiety) must be a biggie because when I asked the flight Surgeon why most people fail the medical years down the road, depression was one of his number one situations. Anyhow, it is good that you are still working towards an FOL. Hopefully it comes quickly.

K-dog, just drop it. Depression and anxiety are far apart in the world of mental health. Also, that post was before my PEPC so that is why I WAS worried about having to get re-evaluated and that process can take three months. And no, I was never worried about that failing my medical because it was not a large deal, hence why they cleared me at the PEPC without being re-evaluated.

The point is, I don't appreciate you posting stuff about me that's irrelevant to a certain thread especially when it's not accurate. Then, continuing to post when you still don't understand the facts. I won't reply anymore to this topic.

If anyone else has information onf class wait times feel free to continue the discussion.

I didn't post it, you did. I was just trying to figure out why you were upset you didn't have a class date yet. Now that you said you just went to the PEPC, I am really not sure why you are already "pulling your hair out".

On a side note, I really think you should not be so touchy. Especially when someone is not attacking or making fun of you. All I did was refer to another post. If you did not like having that posted, you shouldn't have posted it.

You are still inaccurate, see my PM and if you'd like to comment there you are welcome to.

Back