Peak!

Yup, good luck from your northern brethren. It's about to get real.

Edit: And maybe with all the extra scratch from peak, you can finally get afford a mic.

Heh, I doubt they will pay me more for flying fewer legs.
Its already hit for me.
Tis the season to watch those fuel loads.

I have to work an extra day a week. You better believe I am getting paid for it.

I thought you were doing 1391?

I have to fly xmas eve for peak. I am going to talk like Santa on the radio since I am apparently covering his run.

I have to fly xmas eve for peak. I am going to talk like Santa on the radio since I am apparently covering his run.

Thats the rumor here too. Hope not, I was planning on getting home at least one holiday this year. Seriously, who's delivering Sunday morning? I think last year was the same way. UPS was threatening to fly xmas eve and that fell thru so we'll see.

I am hoping we aren't needed, but I am sure we won't find out till we are at the planes standing by. Oh well.

Thats the rumor here too. Hope not, I was planning on getting home at least one holiday this year. Seriously, who's delivering Sunday morning? I think last year was the same way. UPS was threatening to fly xmas eve and that fell thru so we'll see.

Typically Xmas eve is one of the busiest days for UPS..it'd be surprising if ya didn't have to fly.

Don't miss it. Good luck to those whose first it is. Peak is craziness that will put hair on your chest and upgrade you to freight dawg from puppy.

Speaking from the ground side, it was good for extra cash. Bad news was the -20F deicing a 727 in 42mph winds. You can have that.

I turned a Connie 747 or two every evening in December up in ANC back in the day. Kinda fun if you were up on the main deck. So I became the Loadmaster. Fun times.

Yeah, small 30 man crew for sorting and 4 jets a night, 3 jets a morning. Such a small crew we rotated jobs, but I tried to get deicer as much as I could. Warm for 4 hours, frozen for 2. Still better than frozen for 6.

What is this "peak" you speak of? Business as usual in the Caribe! Ok, slightly more volume but definitely mild compared to what we see stateside :)

Back