PDT AGAIN advertising for pilots

MattB

I had my ideas before, but now I just have no clue. On the employee section of the website: 1500tt 500 multi. posted today. I want to know if Bob Trout really has so much time on his hands to do something like this for absolutely no reason... or to throw a little sand into the face of those poor guys and girls that have been having the 'f' word dangled in their face for the last couple of weeks. Thank god I'm not on the bottom 100 of the list or I'd be even more pissed.

I know they are just going to say 'updating resumes on file' but this just seems a little too insulting.

Why is everyone confused. It clearly says on the memo that they aren't planning on interviewing or hiring during the first part of 2009. ONLY accepting resumes.

Why is everyone confused. It clearly says on the memo that they aren't planning on interviewing or hiring during the first part of 2009. ONLY accepting resumes.

We are confused because we are losing even more aircraft into the end of this year. Why are they wanting resumes this far out? Could be that something is up their sleeve or they are waiving the carrot.

We are confused because we are losing even more aircraft into the end of this year. Why are they wanting resumes this far out? Could be that something is up their sleeve or they are waiving the carrot.

I won't even pretend to understand the situation. But I would think that if they are looking for resumes, it's a good sign that the big "F" might not happen. ??

People quitting perhaps? Happened at CJC.

Could be planning on a lot of people jumping from a possibly sinking ship. Or Bob Trout has hired all the hot flight attendents he can for the year and has nothing else to do.

Its called justifying his job. He's the recruiter. When NOBODY is hiring, what is a recruiter to do? Two words... LOOK BUSY!!!

Its called justifying his job. He's the recruiter. When NOBODY is hiring, what is a recruiter to do? Two words... LOOK BUSY!!!
:yeahthat:Exactly! If you guys are loosing airframes then the sompany will look at downsizing and cut some back office jobs. I'd be looking busy or look like I'm working on a project to stream line the pilot recruiting program.

:yeahthat:Exactly! If you guys are loosing airframes then the sompany will look at downsizing and cut some back office jobs. I'd be looking busy or look like I'm working on a project to stream line the pilot recruiting program.

Yeah but the recruiter wouldn't be fooling anyone. It's not like the CEO will be like "oh it looks like we need to hire some FOs right now, so let's not lay off the recruiter".

Or do what the people at our corporate offices do: hide behind cubicle walls and try not to be seen.

Corporate and the training center over here are like a ghost town. Anytime someone from management comes in over there, it's like the Bobs have come in looking to cut. The axe finally fell in the flight ops hierarchy, and there was much blood spilled. MASSIVE re-alignment in the postions. Flight Ops and Inflight are now under one base management group.

In other news, a certain former crew scheduler that was part of said management team is, well, no longer part of said management team.

Corporate and the training center over here are like a ghost town. Anytime someone from management comes in over there, it's like the Bobs have come in looking to cut. The axe finally fell in the flight ops hierarchy, and there was much blood spilled. MASSIVE re-alignment in the postions. Flight Ops and Inflight are now under one base management group.
It's beginning to look like that over here as the cuts continue. One workcenter gets swept under the purview of another workcenter's manager or a department is realligned or merged with another department.

Back