Paying for ATP

daedaeg

I'm strongly considering attending ATP sometime in the near future...however my money situation isnt the best right now. what i wanna know is if you are able to get the key or sally mae loan, how soon is it distributed? can i use it to pay for my deposit and supplies that i need before arriving at ATP? Thanks for the help.

I dont think you can use it for your deposit, but I aint sure. When i got my loan approved, I still paid them by CC for my deposit. I dont think they disburse (sp?) the funds until you actually start. Call their 800 number and ask them. Or maybe Hunter or someone can answer that for you.

-Brian

Knowing how the Key disbursement system works, I don't see how you could use the loan for the deposit. Call the 800 number, Erol (sp?) handles their financial aid and is very helpful.

daedaeg said:
I'm strongly considering attending ATP sometime in the near future...however my money situation isnt the best right now. what i wanna know is if you are able to get the key or sally mae loan, how soon is it distributed? can i use it to pay for my deposit and supplies that i need before arriving at ATP? Thanks for the help.

Don't know much about how soon the money you borrow to go to ALL ATPs is disbursed--my guess is right away for the initial payment per All ATPs' payment schedule.

As for the deposit, I was told by ATP that your credit card would be refunded the deposit you initially paid after whatever financing you have covers your deposit. I'll know for sure how it really goes down after I start my program in Jul '06.

Bottom line--count on paying your deposit out of pocket and IF you get re-imbursed, great! But know that if you finance your deposit, you'll have to pay for it sometime and possibly with interest tacked on to it!:(

You need to make sure you have enough money in the bank to cover your day to day expenses. That $1500 will need to come out of that but you should get that back won't the funds are dispurse.

Always get a co-signer. Your interest rate and origination fee will drop with a co-signer with good credit.

Back