Pay Trigger Poll

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Curious what starts (and stops) the pay clock at various airlines. Door close? Brake release? Wheel movement? Ground speed?

PalmTreeAir is ground speed of more than a knot or two, until the first door (cabin or cargo) is opened after the brake is set.

Curious what starts (and stops) the pay clock at various airlines. Door close? Brake release? Wheel movement? Ground speed?

PalmTreeAir is ground speed of more than a knot or two, until the first door (cabin or cargo) is opened after the brake is set.
Purple depends on the fleet. But movement to block out and then either beacon off or doors disarmed to block in.

It depends on the plane. Some are doors closed, brake set. Some are 1-2 kts wheel speed. All are door open after block in, including fuel panel. That one got me a few times this rotation.

At AA hubs they have a camera looking at you that judges pushback and taxiing back into the gate and that triggers times. On the way out, if there is a delay, or EDCT time we type it in the acars and get paid. On the way in if there is no gate agent then you are blocked in and sit there with the door shut not getting paid.

At AA hubs they have a camera looking at you that judges pushback and taxiing back into the gate and that triggers times. On the way out, if there is a delay, or EDCT time we type it in the acars and get paid. On the way in if there is no gate agent then you are blocked in and sit there with the door shut not getting paid.
Wait for real?

This is a stupid question, but I'm genuinely curious, as I know nothing of these things.

Is this generally a fully autonomous process? Meaning, does the plane detect the necessary triggers (parking brake set/door open/movement/whatever), and it automatically sends a notification to the company?

Or do the pilots monitor for the triggers and manually send a notification via ACARS or similar?

This is a stupid question, but I'm genuinely curious, as I know nothing of these things.

Is this generally a fully autonomous process? Meaning, does the plane detect the necessary triggers (parking brake set/door open/movement/whatever), and it automatically sends a notification to the company?

Or do the pilots monitor for the triggers and manually send a notification via ACARS or similar?
Automated except for AA apparently.

ACARS general records and reports about 25 different status peramameters ranging from passenger and cargo doors to beacon, brakes, and WOW. A company then selects what specific parameters trigger out and in times, which are then sent via acars. In the bad old days you would just call your OOOI times over the radio to ops. Every departure was 5 early, and every arrival was 5 late. This was super apparent when some regional had acars and some (Mesa) didn't and always had the best on time departure statistics for all the regional feed.

Very similar at Ned, I believe the specific number is 0.5 knots wheel speed or more.

The Mormons once changed it to the right hand oil pressure on the Brasilia > 35 psig and that lasted about as long as you would think since the D-zero was terrible.

Back