Pay / schedule benchmarks: Walmart or similar size 91 operators

CaptCorporate

In order to remain competitive and retain pilots, what is a good benchmark for pay and schedule for a part 91 operation similar in size to Walmart? (20+ pilots operating mid-size and super mid-size jets) I know NBAA publishes numbers, but I don’t believe they fit in this case. Sounds like more and more flight departments are making improvements to remain competitive and retain pilots.

Any insight on the 2016 changes at WalMart ? I understand they became more competitive with the pilot pay and improved the schedule earlier this year. Mainly interested in what type of schedule they work. How many days on vs hard days off? I understand Lear 45 Captains start around 105k, year 4 around 130k, and closer to 155k by year 8. Plus bonuses approaching 20%. Combined with stock options, profit sharing, 401k match, that brings things closer to $200k after a while.

Also, I know Walmart has a long history of management issues that have been discussed at length in the industry. Only looking for current info, focusing on pay and scheduling benchmarks!

Sorry guys. Haven't worked there in over 3 years and most of the people who I considered friends when I was there left around the same time I did.

Finally talked to a buddy there. He said they benchmarked a 12 year airline career. So at the end of 12 years you'll pretty well match a major airline FO or junior Captain compensation. Naturally a major airline mid seniority captain or better blows it out of the water.

But $200,000 in NW Arkansas goes a very long way. Terrific place to live. I've heard they added PTO which would dramatically improve the whole "no control over my schedule" problem they had when I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally talked to a buddy there. He said they benchmarked a 12 year airline career. So at the end of 12 years you'll pretty well match a major airline FO or junior Captain compensation. Naturally a major airline mid seniority captain or better blows it out of the water.

But $200,000 in NW Arkansas goes a very long way. Terrific place to live. I've heard they added PTO which would dramatically improve the whole "no control over my schedule" problem they had when I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fayette-nam is indeed, a nice town. It's not at all what one might think of if they'd never been to AR.

Back