Paul Allen's fleet

Center_Mid

Paul Allen\'s fleet

Anyone who flies out of Boeing Field in Seattle has probably noticed the hangar. The biggest, baddest hangar on the West Coast. The hangar that belongs to Microsoft/Vulcan Enterprises mastermind Paul Allen. In addition to owning the Portland Trailblazers and Seattle Seahawks, Mr. Allen owns a huge fleet of aircraft.

However, I've never seen all of them at once, so I was curious to know if anyone could add to the following list of planes that I've seen parked inside/outside of his hangar at Boeing (all of the aircraft have the same paint job, off-white with red and blue pinstripes):

Two 757s
One BBJ
One G-V
One Challenger
One Twin Otter on floats
One Eurocopter 135
One Eurocopter 120

Anything else? I try not to drool into my mic when I taxi by, but it's tough.

Re: Paul Allen\'s fleet

What on earth does he do with 2 757s?? He should give me one!
grin.gif

Mahesh

I would assume the 57's are for the sports teams. ??????

Know where to find pics of the fleet?

Barron Thomas - here in SDL - charters a 757 for a measlely $13,500 (for approved clients, of course) an hour.

Here's the link: http://www.barronthomas.com/757200.htm

The sad this is that you know you've finally been assimilated into the aviation community/mindset when you look at $13,500/hr and say .. "aw, hell, thats all, that ain't bad!"
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I would assume the 57's are for the sports teams. ??????

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been told by a certain NFL team owner's pilots that the teams have to use an airline charter. A few years ago I did see a United 757 in JAX that was the Seahawks charter.
So guess he has to rough it and travel with all his friends and family on the 757s to awful places like Hawaii or Europe!!!

I know that he has used one of the 57s to fly a bunch of his employees from Seattle to Portland for Blazers games on special occasions, but otherwise I don't know why he needs two. One for him, one for his wife?

We flew a lot of sports team charters on the 727 here at Delta. They'd reconfigure the seats and make it a lot more comfortable.

I did a Tennessee Lady Volunteers charter back in 1998 and got to meet Pat Summitt!

[ QUOTE ]
I did a Tennessee Lady Volunteers charter back in 1998 and got to meet Pat Summitt!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it was a pleasant flight. I'd hate to see that noggin' come through the cp door screamin' to all blazes. S(he)'s scary as hell.

You know, when I met her, I had no idea who she was, but was very gracious and almost "noble".

Then I saw the special on HBO a few months later and I was shocked that it was the same lady!

Pat Summit rocks!! One of the - if not THE - most successful womens bball coaches in out time.

[ QUOTE ]
I know that he has used one of the 57s to fly a bunch of his employees from Seattle to Portland for Blazers games on special occasions, but otherwise I don't know why he needs two. One for him, one for his wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hee hee...I think it's funny that we're baffled that he has TWO 757s. No one person really even needs ONE 757!
grin.gif

Back