Passing of a Hero

Mr_Creepy

I hope this is the appropriate forum to post this:

The Hon. John Richard Tenney

My dad had his life support equipment removed last night and is slowly passing away. He was lucid and alert when he made the decision. He became comatose around 130 am. The nurses say it will be sometime this morning.

He is fighting systematic failure of just about his whole body. He is paralyzed from the waist down, blind, failed kidneys, failed intestines and a bunch of other problems. He was given 6 months to live in January 1997.

He is and always will be My Hero. He was the most supportive person anyone could ask for.

He was born on March 4, 1930 in Ridgewood, NJ. He graduated from Colgate and Cornell Law School.

He married Cynthia Roberts from Hamilton, NY in 1956.

He served as an attorney from 1956 and Republican Oneida County Chairman from 1960 to 1968.

He retired from the State of NY as a Supreme Court Judge earlier this year. He was originally elected in 1968. He leaves his wife Cynthia and five children.

meanddajudge.jpg

Prayers of support for you and your family, John. I'll be thinking of you this Good Friday and Easter. May the promises of this holiday comfort you in your loss. May your father now enjoy his well-deserved eternal rest and joy.

Sounds like a wonderful man with a full, rewarding life. We thank the Lord for people like him in all of our lives.

Your father and mine are only a few weeks apart in age. My father was born February 15th, 1930. Makes your loss a little more poignant for me.

Lesson learned here: DON'T WAIT to go see them. DON'T assume that "there is time."

I only saw my dad 2x in March. I could have gone up there any time. I feel horribly guilty about that.

[ QUOTE ]
Lesson learned here: DON'T WAIT to go see them. DON'T assume that "there is time."

I only saw my dad 2x in March. I could have gone up there any time. I feel horribly guilty about that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't feel guilty John. Regrets, maybe, but not guilt.

Peace to you.

You and your family are in my prayers. And try to focus on the positives. You get to see him a few times in March, theres plenty of people that would trade anythign to see someone.

You and your family are in my prayers. Its tough to watch someone who you remember being so strong fade.

Time of death was approximately 12:10pm Eastern Daylight Time. The nurses say his heart faded and he slowly stopped breathing. He was not awake and in no apparent pain.

I want to thank you all for your condolences. It means a lot to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Noon on Good Friday.

He's in Good Company.

May God rest his soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

John,
your Pop sounds like a class act to the end. I'll put his name in the Parish prayer book for today. God bless you and your family.

Keith

John
Condolences my friend. It is very impressive to hear you speak so highly of your Dad, as I am sure he spoke of you. It's all about the legacy we leave to our children not the trust fund. It sounds like your Dad left you and every one that knew him an enviable legacy. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jim

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this is the appropriate forum to post this:

[/ QUOTE ]

John, there could be no place more appropriate. I am truly sorry to hear of your family's loss. It was indeed touching to read your thoughts and those of others regarding your father.

My thoughts are with you and your family, John. I know what it's like to lose a Father, and I know how it can be. After my Father passed, I started trying to beat myself up for not being at home more (I got out of the Marine Corps with 2-years worth of vacation). Just try to remember the good times, and know that your Father isn't suffering.

Very sorry for your loss John...Good Friday is a truly beautiful day to remember those you hold dear to your heart (no matter where they are).

I lost my dad back in 1998 and to be quite honest, it was rough, but time helps heal.

You never quite realize how smart your father is or how similar you are to him until he passes away.

Sincere condolences from Kristie and I.

Back