Passes the PPL written...

With an 82%.... I'm most likely going to retake it. Don't know what happened, I constantly was getting high 80's and low 90's on the practice exams. Oh well.

You passed it. If the minimum wasn't good enough, it wouldn't be the minimum. Quite honestly, I cannot remember any score I got on any written test I took. All the FAA cares about is a pass. All any employer cares about is that you have the ratings, certificates and time. I would spend the time practicing for the oral and flight test. But that's me, YMMV.

Edit: BTW, congrats on the pass!

Same score I got, knew I could of of done better but its not a bad score. My examiner never even looked at my writen..

With an 82%.... I'm most likely going to retake it. Don't know what happened, I constantly was getting high 80's and low 90's on the practice exams. Oh well.
Most likely nerves. Don't retake it as you run the risk of getting a worse score. Like everyone else said, 82 is fine, way above the minimum. Just brush up on the subjects you missed questions on and you'll do fine.
Congratulations! Feels good to get it out of the way.

Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it. I just felt the need to retake it, as I was under the impression that employers look at those written test scores.

Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it. I just felt the need to retake it, as I was under the impression that employers look at those written test scores.

Two airlines and the flight school I worked at never asked for them. Especially the PPL.

Renslow got hired with numerous checkride failures and when that came up in the various 3407 threads many people here said that at some point along the way they had busted a checkride or a competancy check at some point along the way - and those are actual checkrides. I am not sure I would worry too much about passing your first FAA written exam on your first try with an 82.

Back