PASSED!

NYC FLYER

Just about exactly three months have passed since I started flying and today I passed the private pilot check-ride. I will start the instrument rating in a few days and just wanted to know if the instrument phase is much harder than the private, and what things I should know about the next phase of training. Thanks.

Just about exactly three months have passed since I started flying and today I passed the private pilot check-ride. I will start the instrument rating in a few days and just wanted to know if the instrument phase is much harder than the private, and what things I should know about the next phase of training. Thanks.

Congrats!!! Take a week off and enjoy your new-found freedom!

I think that the instrument rating was the easiest rating to get and the private the hardest. That is not the norm for most people, however, which simply stresses the fact that everyone is different.

Good luck!

It really depends on what you view is harder. Flying VFR or IFR! I think that every license brings some sort of challenge, nothing is really easy the first time. Just practice on your flight simulator and fly as much as possible. Try and knock out the 50 hour cross country as soon as possible. I think what is important, to know why people crashed during IFR conditions and learn from it, for example what would you do if you see ice starting to build up on your wing? Keep in mind you are at the half way point during your flight.

Congrats! Enjoy your license to learn. THe instrument was my favorite rating to get.

Thanks everybody, I start the instrument rating tomorrow. I didn't get the chance to get my first $100 dollar hamburger but as soon as I'm able I'll definitely make that happen.

Congrats! Instrument for me wasnt too difficult, its just a lot of bookwork. Lots of approach plates and charts and stuff like that. I dont think i enjoyed it as much cuz of all the simulator time. I'd rather be in an airplane, but my wallet says different most of the time.. lol.

Congrats! Don't go killing yourself or someone else, it's a license to learn!

The instrument is the funnest in my opinion, it's the one where you really learn about flying and weather. Have fun!

That's great news!! I'm still working on my private & it's taking me a while. Good luck w/ the instrument.

Katie

Back