Passed the ATP written.

Apophis

Resident Iconoclast
Just returned from the testing center actually. Got an 88% on it, which I'm pretty satisfied with. I think it's the most detailed/time consuming knowledge test I've taken up to this point. My previous lowest score was 94% on the instrument test, but like I said, definitely not going to complain! :)

Just returned from the testing center actually. Got an 88% on it, which I'm pretty satisfied with. I think it's the most detailed/time consuming knowledge test I've taken up to this point. My previous lowest score was 94% on the instrument test, but like I said, definitely not going to complain! :)

Congrats! I take it you didn't use Sheppard Air?

Congrats! I take it you didn't use Sheppard Air?

Nope. I used Gleim's online groundschool. It was pretty good overall. I did notice there were several questions on the actual test that didn't appear in Gleim's study guide, but I don't think they were significant.

And thanks! :)

Nope. I used Gleim's online groundschool. It was pretty good overall. I did notice there were several questions on the actual test that didn't appear in Gleim's study guide, but I don't think they were significant.

And thanks! :)
I've heard that from a lot of people that use honestly, everything else except for Sheppard Air. Congrats anyways! All that matters is that you got more than 70% ! The fact that you got an 88% is 18% to much studying ;-) .

I've heard that from a lot of people that use honestly, everything else except for Sheppard Air. Congrats anyways! All that matters is that you got more than 70% ! The fact that you got an 88% is 18% to much studying ;-) .

Haha, thanks! :)

+1. I just used Sheppard Air for my ATP written. It was the first written I've done out of about eight in which I was not surprised by a question.

At the beginning of a knowledge test, the computer system advises that the FAA has inserted questions into the test which are simply there for the purpose of evaluation, and will not be graded. There were four such questions on the ATP.

I wonder if several of the questions I didn't recognize were these ungraded "evaluation" questions.

Good job! I'm working on my second ATP written via Sheppard Air. The first one expired.

Good job! I'm working on my second ATP written via Sheppard Air. The first one expired.
I will be doing the same here in the next month or so. Got an 84 the first time around with Sheppard Air, It took me less than 20 min to take the test. and I got my money back!

I will be doing the same here in the next month or so. Got an 84 the first time around with Sheppard Air, It took me less than 20 min to take the test. and I got my money back!

Nice. I got an 86 in about the same time. I didn't get my money back. I went in with a bad cough, fever etc. So I figured it was close enough.

At the beginning of a knowledge test, the computer system advises that the FAA has inserted questions into the test which are simply there for the purpose of evaluation, and will not be graded. There were four such questions on the ATP.

I wonder if several of the questions I didn't recognize were these ungraded "evaluation" questions.

Congrats! Just took my ATP also, at the end they let me see the graded questions I missed (without answers), so that helped figure out which ones were ungraded. I had 4 extra, also.

Sheppard was my prep also, all of those 'gotcha' questions were enough to make me throw away my Gleim and buy the Sheppard test prep. 96%!

I'll learn my useful knowledge in 135 indoc.

Yeah, I've really heard nothing but good things about Sheppard Air. I thought the Gleim was still a good value, but lesson learned I suppose. I don't anticipate having to take the written again, as I hope to have my actual ATP before it expires in two years.

But if for whatever reason that changes, I guess I know who to use next time. :)

I've been working thru the Gleim ATP prep, and just can't get comfortable with it. I'll keep using it for a bit, but I think I'll end up picking up Sheppard Air

I've been working thru the Gleim ATP prep, and just can't get comfortable with it. I'll keep using it for a bit, but I think I'll end up picking up Sheppard Air

How many sections have you completed on Gleim's online ground school for ATP? I'm not sure I'd want to drop another $100.00 to purchase another ground school course.

Honestly, the questions I encountered on the actual knowledge test that Gleim didn't cover weren't too difficult.

How many sections have you completed on Gleim's online ground school for ATP? I'm not sure I'd want to drop another $100.00 to purchase another ground school course.

Honestly, the questions I encountered on the actual knowledge test that Gleim didn't cover weren't too difficult.

I think I've done 3.5 sections. The layout and presentation of information just isn't set up so that I can focus on it for more than about 10 minutes.

I think I've done 3.5 sections. The layout and presentation of information just isn't set up so that I can focus on it for more than about 10 minutes.

Back