Passed PPL check ride!!

Matt13C

I am officially a private pilot! My examiner was great, very thorough and demanding but fair. I found out during the course of the day he is a tail wheel and glider instructor, at the end of the day he invited me for a glider ride and offered to teach me how to fly tail wheel on grass.

My total time in the airplane was 2.1 hours, I have never linked so many maneuvers together. It was very challenging but I felt like he made me earn the hand shake at the end of the flight which gave me a nice feeling of accomplishment. My total time now is 75.4 hours. It was a little longer than I would have liked, mainly to save money. If I could have flown more than once or twice a week I think it would have been quicker, but I enjoyed my time training and feel I have a good base of knowledge to build on and that is all that really matters.

Thanks to all who offered advice and guidance.

On to IFR training! :rawk:

Matt

im about to take my checkride as well. its weird to think that soon i will be able to go up with no agenda of what to do except to fly around and burn fuel :lol

Congratulations! I'm also about 2-3 weeks from taking the ride. Cool to see that there is a small group of us going through these stages of training together.

im about to take my checkride as well. its weird to think that soon i will be able to go up with no agenda of what to do except to fly around and burn fuel :lol

Congratulations! I'm also about 2-3 weeks from taking the ride. Cool to see that there is a small group of us going through these stages of training together.

Good luck to both of you!

It is cool to think that I can take a plane up and fly where ever. I think I am still in training mode though. I spent so much time going up with an agenda, working on stalls, steep turns, ground reference maneuvers or slow flight to name a few that now I feel like I should be working on something every time I go up.

Congratulations! Now there is a grat prospect on your life! Get going!
And remember that the learning experience never stops.

go!

I am officially a private pilot! My examiner was great, very thorough and demanding but fair. I found out during the course of the day he is a tail wheel and glider instructor, at the end of the day he invited me for a glider ride and offered to teach me how to fly tail wheel on grass.

My total time in the airplane was 2.1 hours, I have never linked so many maneuvers together. It was very challenging but I felt like he made me earn the hand shake at the end of the flight which gave me a nice feeling of accomplishment. My total time now is 75.4 hours. It was a little longer than I would have liked, mainly to save money. If I could have flown more than once or twice a week I think it would have been quicker, but I enjoyed my time training and feel I have a good base of knowledge to build on and that is all that really matters.

Thanks to all who offered advice and guidance.

On to IFR training! :rawk:

Matt

Congratualtions man you now below to 2% of Americans.... and you can officialy "pilot your private!" Welcome to the club! That IFr training has a lot of regulations involved make sure you study and review them often!

"My total time in the airplane was 2.1 hours, My total time now is 75.4 hours."

73.3 hours :rawk:

:yeahthat: I was only flying 1-2 times a week so it took me a few more hours. I think I could have passed the check ride much earlier but I am in no rush. I flew a good amount of solo time at the end working on everything and just getting comfortable.

Congrats man! I'm also a couple of weeks from my PPL ride. I'm already nervous...

I know what you mean. I was supposed to fly on Thursday but after the oral the weather was not cooperating. I decided to call it off, luckily the examiner had time the next morning. The examiner said I made a good decision, but it extended my stress an extra day.

Good luck and try and relax. Remember, you would not be in that position if your instructor did not feel you were ready.

Back