Passed my part 135 checkride

Fixtur

Dunning-Kruger Expert
Passed my 135 checkride in the CJ1 today. My first jet, and only an SIC rating, but the check airman said “good job, you’ve got a long career ahead of you.”

Also, kept my Captain from busting a couple of times, so that’s worth something.

...some idiot’s trusted me in jets...

Fix

Congrats, dude. Welcome to the flight levels, where nothing is really a problem until it is. I didn't know anyone was still giving out SIC ratings...I guess on the plus side this rules out a whole lot of international, which I would imagine could be somewhat nailbiting in a CJ1. Any ideas on a "typical trip"? Hope it's not Vegas.

Yes, Vegas. And Oakland, Eugene, Boise, Santa Barbara. Planning on getting the Sungle pilot type as soon as I have some hours in type.

Ok, let’s just grab this approach from the FAF VFR, I’ve gotta make this quick for a meeting with the Bobs at 3. Oh and, make sure you fill out that written test because I’m counting that for our oral. Wait a sec, call coming in, I’ve gotta take this, you just keep flying. Welcome to 135, where the training is made up and the checkrides don’t matter!

Just kidding (mostly), and congrats!

I’ve gotta make this quick for a meeting with the Bobs at 3.

9CvUG3ZQXxkMgdCTzwYcHra1C_9EL_QfjfMfwYJlGtE.jpg

Ok, let’s just grab this approach from the FAF VFR, I’ve gotta make this quick for a meeting with the Bobs at 3. Oh and, make sure you fill out that written test because I’m counting that for our oral. Wait a sec, call coming in, I’ve gotta take this, you just keep flying. Welcome to 135, where the training is made up and the checkrides don’t matter!

Just kidding (mostly), and congrats!
Preach!

And here I was taking this seriously...

“We got a master caution light here, run the “wake up drunk” checklist”

Eyes....open
Time....establish
Urinate...as required
Water....as required
Aspirin...as required
Phone...ensure plugged in
Sleep...resume
Checklist complete

Last edited:
Congrats, dude. Welcome to the flight levels, where nothing is really a problem until it is. I didn't know anyone was still giving out SIC ratings...I guess on the plus side this rules out a whole lot of international, which I would imagine could be somewhat nailbiting in a CJ1. Any ideas on a "typical trip"? Hope it's not Vegas.

A fractional that rhymes with Planesense is giving out SIC types for the PC-24 F/O's. And a nice training contract to go along with it.

Tangential to this, we watched Office Space during a slow day at the base a few weeks ago. The topic of one of the Bobs being Dr. Cox came up. The nurses confirmed something I long suspected-of all the hospital tv shows, Scrubs is the most accurate. Their exact words were “doctors only think they’re in charge, nurses actually run everything, and the only nice people die of cancer”.

Yea, that’s literally the only reason. That and so the pilot can’t bail easily.
Three SIC types from two different shops, none of the three came with any kind of commitment/strings attached.
Did interview at a place that wanted to send me to FSI to get a SIC their way (as opposed to the way I had it on my certificate) and that was supposed to come with a commitment - sent them TBNT.

Back