Part Time Michigan

brian434

I want to get back into aviation on a part time basis. Anyone hiring part time pilots? I'll be living in the GRR area. 2200TT 800 Turbine 1100MEL.

I like teaching btw.

I use to fly for them. Not a bad place but its a drive from Grand Rapids. Was thinking holland, grand haven, Muskegon, Sparta, Kalamazoo and allegan.

Haven't left yet but I'm from Michigan originally and it looks like wife will be doing her surgery residency in GR. We both went to undergrad there. It's going home for us.

I'm sure there's always teaching spots open at BTL. I don't have a clue if there's any instructing happening at 35D anymore. I do know AZO is still going but I have no idea what it's called at this point.

Not sure how part-time you would like to be but I could put you in touch with a couple of fellow alums at Northern Jet Management. I don't know that they're hiring at the moment but it seems like every few months they look for a couple of people. It doesn't seem like they hardly ever work and you'd be flying some nice equipment.

Good luck!

I haven't really found anything full time there yet. I have my securities license so I'll be shopping for a finance or insurance type of position but very open to flying. If I could find a full time flying positon with a reasonable salary I'd go that route. Compared to finance it's hard for most smaller operators to make competitive offers.

I would love to flight instruct on the weekends or evenings.

Last edited:
Flight instructing back in my neck of the woods. I'll be happy to put my name on you. You could probably go and instruct in MKG for Rex but it's not the greatest compensation. Drive isn't terrible and you basically make the schedule fit however you need it to. I used to instruct a little at 3GM, FFX, BIV, MKG, 8D4 and 08C. Interviewed at Tulip last summer. I really liked everything about those guys but I didn't want to leave the 727 salary at that time. Email me or send me a FB message and we can chat. I might be able to give you some contacts as well to help you. Good luck to you and your wife on your journey back to Michigan!

I haven't really found anything full time there yet. I have my securities license so I'll be shopping for a finance or insurance type of position but very open to flying. If I could find a full time flying positon with a reasonable salary I'd go that route. Compared to finance it's hard for most smaller operators to make competitive offers.

I would love to flight instruct on the weekends or evenings.

Not sure what your background is, but Spartan Stores is looking for a corporate pilot right now.

https://jobsssl.spartanstores.com/p...on=A&JobOpeningId=2989&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1&

@AdamTheAviator. Received notification from Metro Hospitial yesterday. We're moving back to Michigan. Going to buy in Byron Center or Hudsonville. Any ideas on flying gigs?

Potential for PT instructing at West Michigan Flying Club @MKG, we seem to get quite a few student types passing through. Greg is our main instructor, but also doubles as CP at Baker now and PT at Tulip, could put you in touch with him.

I'm in Kentwood now, happy to meet up for M&G when you settle in.

Thank you! I'd be happy to chat with anyone needing some help. Most recently I flew a C90B and KA-250 w/ proline. I'd be more than happy to go back to teaching or helping out part time under 135 or 91 with bigger stuff. I have some geared engine time too so anyone needing someone to fly a 421 or 404 could be a fit as well.

@brian434 You could try looking into Northern Jet Management. They fly Lears if you are looking for jets. They don't pay a lot but it is still flying.

Back