Part 135 Cargo to Part 121 Major

Just my opinion, but don't wait until you have the 1,000TPIC to apply to places that don't require it. I know a lot of people that didn't get on places the last couple of years, because they didn't want to leave without the 1,000TPIC. I left Skywest with about 450tpic. I have a better schedule, make more money, and I am at a much better place. If I get furloughed, at least I have a number, and not having the TPIC probably won't hurt me too much in todays market.

1000 TPIC is not the end-all-be-all of aviation, but personally I find a very satisfying number in my logbook. That along with my CFI thousand I look at with a sense of accomplishment, just like I look at my university diploma. It doesn't guarantee me a job anywhere (nor should it) but nobody can take those hours safely flown away.

I get it though..#1 important is to get career as far downfield as possible as quick as possible to get best seniority possible. I'll stick to my somewhat sedate pace ;-)

I'd look at the 1000 tpic as an inevitability in this career.... and you might as well be banking more $ when you hit that number, at a career airline if at all possible.

Anyway at my current pace of flying I will hit 1000 in 4.5 yrs :)

Anyway at my current pace of flying I will hit 1000 in 4.5 yrs :)

That may be a good thing in your case.:) At the pace I'm going I'll hit a 1000TPIC by mid summer if not sooner! I'm really tired though. I'd rather build time at a more laid back pace.

Oh, definitely apply to places as soon as you meet the mins. I've had my app in with CAL since I met the mins. I've got it in with jetBlue along with internal recs, and that got sent in before the ink was dry on my temp ATP cert.

Oh, definitely apply to places as soon as you meet the mins. I've had my app in with CAL since I met the mins. I've got it in with jetBlue along with internal recs, and that got sent in before the ink was dry on my temp ATP cert.

You got it in with Delta right? Correct me if I am wrong but, I don't think we have any TPIC mins. I got a good buddy of mine an iterview (then later hired) who only had 500 TPIC. Of course we aren't hiring but, at some point we will.

You got it in with Delta right? Correct me if I am wrong but, I don't think we have any TPIC mins. I got a good buddy of mine an iterview (then later hired) who only had 500 TPIC. Of course we aren't hiring but, at some point we will.

I've got two more classes on the degree, and then it's going in. Thanks to the income tax return, I'll be able to knock those classes out by the summer more than likely.

Back