Paper on airlines, interviews and trends

Howdy Ya'll,

With some good news coming out of the airlines recently (JBLU, LUV), I thought I could share a paper with ya'll I completed for my MAS at ERAU. The paper compares how the Big 3 interview candidates versus SWA and what the airlines are looking for in candidates. It has a SWA slant. It is also a little dated. Some of the airlines have totally changed how they interview since the completion of my paper (1999). The paper may also help in any type of job interview. Anyhoos, it appears things may be slowly turning around for the airline industry, so it may be a good time to start brushing up on interviews.

If you would like a copy, send me an email or PM me your email and I'll get it to you lickidysplit(sp).

Take care and fly safe,

Chris Bow
candybow@msn.com

Dangit, you should have told me!

I flew all of May with a captain who is married to the director American Airlines Pilot Selection (or something like that).

Could have really helped with your paper!

Doug,

Thanks for the offer. I finished the paper many moons ago (early 2000). The problem I had with research was that I based almost everything on the accounts of people that had interviewed recently. I didn't want to really talk to the HR people and get the old yaddy yahaha. That may be a problem too because everything is based on my perceptions.

Take care amigo,

CB

Anybody have any earth shattering suggestions on what to do my Grad Research Project on? Just thought I would ask since I am doing my MBA/Aviation at ERAU and I should start the research on my GRP. Of course, I will be doing something within the airline industry.....but that is as far as I am right now. Any ideas will help!

Thanks

Iain,

I could send you my GRP.

I think the title was, "A STUDY TO DETERMINE THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN COMPASS CALL PILOT EXPERIENCE AND FATIGUE COUNTERMEASURE STRATEGIES".

You would just have to put in your references that you referenced the paper.

Take care,

CB

Iain,

A possible avenue to go down:

A STUDY TO DETERMINE THE EFFECTS OF THE RJ INDUSTRY ON AIRLINE ROUTE AND ATC STRUCTURE

This is a lot to bite off on, but well worth it since it really part of the future and here to stay.

Chris

Back