Paper logbooks

Xcaliber

El Chupacabra
I'm getting close to filling up my first logbook, but more importantly, I'm starting to do some flying that requires columns which my current logbook doesn't have. So, therefore, I've been looking at a new one. Does anybody use and have any opinions on both the Sporty's Senior Pilot's Logbook, Jeppeson's Professional Pilot Logbook, or any others? Also, has anyone ever made their own at Kinko's or the like?

I like the Jep.. huge upgrade from my Pilot Logbook from Cessna Pilot Center. Logshare.com is also nice.

ok heres a thought, once that first logbook is filled up, do you need to like photocopy the endorsements page and paste it into your new one? or lug around multiple books? or what?

ok heres a thought, once that first logbook is filled up, do you need to like photocopy the endorsements page and paste it into your new one? or lug around multiple books? or what?

Once you get your ratings, you logbook endorsements are pretty much useless. At least the ones that you have to "lug" around.

What I did was I had one of those little logbooks for my training up to CFI, then once I started working, I converted it all to digital, and haven't wrote a single paper entry since like 2 years ago. If someone ever askes me to prove I have an endorsement for whatever reason, I just dig out that old logbook and show them it. No lugging around required.

I'm a big fan of the Jeppesen Professional Pilot Logbook. I just started filling out my third one, and I still have the small Jeppesen logbook that I used for all of my ratings up through CFI-I.

I second the Jeppesen Professional Pilot Logbook. I think it's the best paper logbook on the market.

http://www.leatherlogbook.com/

I have one of these. It doesn't have the columns of the jepp book, but the book itself is a much better quality. It fits my needs as a more traditional testament to my career, while I find the jepp book to be rather sterile.

Don't make your own logbook if you plan on going to job interviews one day. Go and buy a Jeppesen book or equivalent. Or go electronic. The Jeppesen professional book as extra/blank columns you can use to add the new time you are getting.

No lugging around needed for the old logbooks. Nor do you need to transfer the endorsements. Just keep them someplace safe. Bring them out for checkrides or interviews.

One of these days I might go electronic. But for now I am on logbook # 3. First one was a dinky Cessna one and the second two are Jeppesen.

I'm still on logbook #1, a Jeppesen, and as it fills up, I'm also in the market for a new one. I want a larger capacity one for sure, and while the Jepp Pro one is better-made, I think I prefer the layout of the ASA one:

image001.jpg

Back